GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gigs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/06 at 13:40
Regular
I seem to remember a topic like this existing when the music forum was about and as I'm off to a gig tonight I thought I'd get the ball rolling, basically if you're off to a gig at any time in the future tell us about it and give a bit of a review afterwards.

Tonight I'm off to Brixton Academy for a gig called Taste of Chaos, five bands with three smaller bands as supports:

Taking Back Sunday
Underoath
Alexisonfire
Anti-Flag
Saosin

Not sure about the supporting bands but hopefully they'll be good.

Also last thursday I saw We Are Scientists at Brixton again (I seem to live there recently). Really good gig, the banter between the band was excellent, in particular when a girl got hit by something someone in the audience had thrown. Ended and begun with surprising covers but they were performed really well and had the crowd singing along... strangely considering one was a Boyz 2 Men song!

Anyway, hope there's some other people out there who enjoy dabbling in a bit of live music.
Tue 02/01/07 at 20:18
Regular
Recently went to see :

Futureheads @ 53 Degrees (Preston) - Very lively gig, really got the crowd going, loved it. Though was stood a little too close to the speakers and couldn't hear anything out of my left ear for a couple of days.

Charlatans @ Winter Gardens (Blackpool) - Most boisterous, mad gig I've ever been to. Was stood right at the front and got soaked in beer within the first 5 mins. Band were excellent though and played all the old classics, finishing with a spectacular rendition of Sproston Green. Support band were particularly good too, though the name of them escapes me ...

Kasabian @ MEN Arena (Manchester) - Fantastic, second best gig I've ever been to, band were superb, light show was unbelievable, second time I've seen them and they were so much better this time around. Loved it. Fratellis were in support though I didn't get in early enough to see them ... :(
Mon 20/11/06 at 18:28
Regular
Strangest cover song ive ever heard at a gig was Pete Doherty singing 'She Loves You' he was surprisingly good at it.
Mon 20/11/06 at 18:16
Regular
"you've got a beard"
blimey.. if they did then i never heard it!!
they`ll have to have changed the end, kurt was a good songwriter, but he wasn`t the best player and the end of freebird is a bit of a monster.
Mon 20/11/06 at 18:01
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> They're a genuine band, believe it or not! Both musically and
> visibly in between Tank and Wrathchild; Drunken, budget glam
> punky hard rock. Saw them at Reading, the guy next to me got a
> drumstick from them... and they did a storming cover of
> Freebird!

Nirvana did an awesome cover aswell if i remember correctly.
Sun 19/11/06 at 18:43
Regular
"you've got a beard"
freebird eh??

well, they get points for tackling that!!
i shall have to go downlo-... buy one of their reasonably priced compact discs.
Sun 19/11/06 at 15:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Towers of London are an actual band?!?!?
> i saw an advert for their tv show and thought it was a Spinal
> Tap kinda thing....

They're a genuine band, believe it or not! Both musically and visibly in between Tank and Wrathchild; Drunken, budget glam punky hard rock. Saw them at Reading, the guy next to me got a drumstick from them... and they did a storming cover of Freebird!
Sun 19/11/06 at 14:57
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> Towers of London are an actual band?!?!?
> i saw an advert for their tv show and thought it was a Spinal
> Tap kinda thing....

Haha Yep kind of Sex Pistols feel to them, the Tv show is hilarious aswell even though they do make a***s out of themselves.

Radiohead were the last proper gig i went too and there just as good live, amazing vocals and the guitars were on form all night loved every minute.
Sun 19/11/06 at 12:05
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Towers of London are an actual band?!?!?
i saw an advert for their tv show and thought it was a Spinal Tap kinda thing....
Sat 18/11/06 at 18:36
Regular
Went to see the Towers of London a few weeks ago. Lead singer Donny admits he cant sing but they've got a Sex Pistols appeal. The bass and drums are excellent aswell as the banter from the band. Good gig well worth 8 quid.
Sat 18/11/06 at 17:41
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Got some good stuff coming up here!

25th November: Motorhead, Brixton Academy
17th December: Tenacious D, Brighton Centre
22nd December: Iron Maiden, Earls Court
9th March: Saxon, London Astoria

Tenacious D are supposedly touring with a set that starts out as Jack Black's house and ends up in Hell... yes, it sounds great!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.