GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And the prize for stating the obvious goes to..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/08/04 at 23:22
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Steve Cram speaking to the BBC about Paula Radcliffe pulling out of the women's marathon this afternoon.

"This is not the way she would have wanted her Olympic challenge to end."
Mon 23/08/04 at 16:39
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Vampyr wrote:
> its up there with all the great historical comedy moments.

Yeah, because it was funny.

Mong.
Mon 23/08/04 at 16:16
"Darth Vader 3442321"
What amused me was Brendan Foster repeatedly telling the viewers that Radcliffe had beaten all the other competitors, everytime she'd previously raced them.

So what? The Marathon is a one off race, held under the conditions of its location. I don't care if she could "beat them all easily" in "British" conditions, she's in Greece running under local conditions. She should have prepared accordingly. The Gold medal is awarded to the person who finished that particular race in first place, regardless of previous form. I'm also pleased that the Japanese lady won, as her running technique has been criticised by the media etc.

It's akin to the Enland football team mentality. We're always in with a good chance of winning the next scheduled tournament, never the one we're about to compete in; penalties are a matter of luck not skill; the players are alwayd tired; the other team keep kicking the ball towards our goal...

At least we're not badge kissers and screamers though.
Mon 23/08/04 at 13:07
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
its up there with all the great historical comedy moments. sort of. or just not. =]
Mon 23/08/04 at 12:46
Regular
Ah bless...

Empireonline was discussing the box office with this:

Elsewhere, Paul W.S. Anderson's AvP (Alien vs Predator) fell away faster than Paula Radcliffe legging it up a Greek hill, dropping a whopping 67.4% to fourth place after its top spot opening last weekend.

Fantastic.
Mon 23/08/04 at 12:37
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
Giving up in the middle of the race is different from not even trying.

Very true. Maybe she just had a bad day?

Is finishing fourth really that bad?

It is if you were expecting to win, and she was the overwhelming favourite.
Mon 23/08/04 at 12:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They sure are milking her failure a bit.
Mon 23/08/04 at 12:28
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Hopefully Paula will enter the 10k and win something for Britain.
Mon 23/08/04 at 12:24
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
exactly, scrap the meadals table
Mon 23/08/04 at 12:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Olympics is about individual sports and their best competitors, not about how well Great Britain is doing.

I personally am glad if a Briton wins a medal, (and I don't want them to beat everyone the whole time and win win win), but not because they're English or whatever and that makes them better than the other guy.
Mon 23/08/04 at 12:08
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
i dont mean to be disrespectful but you english wanna win everything, be it football, egg chasin, tennis, badminton, trampolining, cooking but if you think about it, you should only expect to win things you have good people in so you SHOULD win marathon, egg chasin rowing. y'all get too into it and its too much. if u watch the olympics when britain have won a medal you rarely hear anything else.

if you look at India, we have one silver. thats it. the pressure from fans is for hockey. 2golds were expected. nothing. 1 silver. now there is expectation, but britain have expectation for all things.

ive said my bit now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.