GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wes Borland rejoins Limp Bizkit"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/08/04 at 12:11
Regular
After Wes's new outfit "eat the day" fell apart the oppertunity for Wes to rejoin Limpbizkit had been made avalible.

Results May Vary, Limpbizkit's latest and quietest album to date was technically impressive. Varied with some great guitar rifts, wonderfully thoughtful lyrics and some excellent evidence of a band that knows what they are doing.

Sad thing is, bar Eat You Alive, the catchy music Limpbizkit had been famed for had dissapeared. My Generation, Take a Look Around, My Way, Rollin, Break Stuff even Boiler are great jumping powerful songs. The absence of Wes had removed this element.

Now after changing their minds about any tours and releasing a third single from Results May Vary the band are back in the studio. New guitarist Mike Smith has left the band and fans visiting Limpbizkit's website are greeted to Wes Borland back playing in DJ Lethal's studio.

Limpbizkit's next album is due early next year.
Thu 19/08/04 at 19:16
Regular
"you've got a beard"
gamesfreak wrote:

> Wes is a brilliant guitarist, Nazi, what you on about? He's just
> trapped in a band that won't let him display his full potential.

.. "another case closed".
that's the situation exactly.
Thu 19/08/04 at 19:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> They spell biscuit wrong.

And you spell strike incorrectly.
Thu 19/08/04 at 19:39
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Wes is a brilliant guitarist, Nazi, what you on about? He's just
> trapped in a band that won't let him display his full potential.

Possibly so, as Limp Bizkit just seem intent on annoying people and impressing ten year-olds with foul-mouthed poorly produced gibberish. Aside from that, I did like the Mission Impossible song they did, and also "My Way". Still, until I hear anything proving he can come up with good riffs and solos, my mind is in that position. And don't blame me of basing my views on nothing: I did own "Significant Other", which is one of the worst albums I have ever acquired.
Thu 19/08/04 at 22:36
Regular
Limpbizkit are one of the most incredible bands live I have ever seen. Utterly amazing. Fred has a habit of coming up with ideas like the single "almost over" that has been canned, the POOP DVD that he's shelved and a best of album that has apparently dissapeared.

Wes Borland was never that good but his stage presence and ability to make up catchy tunes is amazing.

Eat You Alive, My Way, Rollin, Take a Look Around, Break Stuff, Nookie and My Generation are songs that do make Fred seem like a tw@t. But songs such as Boiler, Re-arranged, Underneath the Gun, Lonely World, No Sex etc... are extremley thoughtful songs that express anger and some extremley smart opinions. Fred has also seemingly changed slightly, suffering depression and growing up slightly, evident from the new album.

But as much as My Generation and Rollin may, from your guys points of view, seem childish and arrogant you should hear them live to understand why he wrote them.

One part of my generation reads "who gets the blame? You get the blame and I get the blame"... this entire segment was sung by 4,000 people at Finsbury Park last september... after the crowd finished Fred said "I hear what you're saying, did you understand me when I said it" before singing it himself.

Eat you Alive adopts very bizarre and frankly childish lyrics but credit where credits due it is a very clever song. At one point he is screaming "I'll eat you alive" whilst then quietly singing that he's "sorry so sorry" and that he just wants to "look at you". Again not smart lyrics but here he has succesfully confused the conflicting thoughts of lust and love in a brilliant song.

Listen to songs outside of the Radio, listen to the new Fred. And now Wes is back so is one of the most impressive live acts of the past 5 years.

Dringo

"Then you get a little older and gather your thoughts
It's amazing what you learn
When you've never been taught, ya know?"
Thu 19/08/04 at 22:39
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:

> Possibly so, as Limp Bizkit just seem intent on annoying people and
> impressing ten year-olds with foul-mouthed poorly produced gibberish.
> Aside from that, I did like the Mission Impossible song they did, and
> also "My Way". Still, until I hear anything proving he can
> come up with good riffs and solos, my mind is in that position. And
> don't blame me of basing my views on nothing: I did own
> "Significant Other", which is one of the worst albums I
> have ever acquired.

The hated anger of Boiler over a woman who has cheated on him and left him is one of my favourite songs ever. "WHY"... damn straight mate why indeed. For those that have suffered heart break and going through that angry phase you'll understand how Boiler hits home. Lines in re-arranged such as "I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down"... lines to live by my friend.
Thu 19/08/04 at 22:42
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Dringo wrote:
> But as much as My Generation and Rollin may, from your guys points of
> view, seem childish and arrogant you should hear them live to
> understand why he wrote them.
>
> One part of my generation reads "who gets the blame? You get the
> blame and I get the blame"... this entire segment was sung by
> 4,000 people at Finsbury Park last september... after the crowd
> finished Fred said "I hear what you're saying, did you
> understand me when I said it" before singing it himself.

Isn't My Generation a The Who cover?
Thu 19/08/04 at 22:47
Regular
No. Behind Blue Eyes is.
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The Who's version of My Generation is pretty damn good, so I wouldn't be surprised if Limp Bizkit had covered it: A lot of bands have, one of the most recent ones being Green Day.

Edit: Dringo is faster than me. And probably right. =D
Regular
Bob_The_Moose wrote:

> Isn't My Generation a The Who cover?

Lol wrong song! the who did have a song called "my generation but its completely different"! Behind Blue eyes was originally a "the who" track though!
Thu 19/08/04 at 22:49
Regular
Credit though he did add an extra verse.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.