GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The joys of 2mb adsl"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/08/04 at 14:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ah, active at last, no longer do i fear large images, flash movies or online gaming.

Details of an adslguide speedtest will follow when this download has finished.
Wed 18/08/04 at 22:35
Regular
"Teal'c"
STOP BOASTING.

And I never actually had 3mg bb ;'(
And I never did beat CM with my night elf army ;'(

He used to beat my army with 1 owl, or something.

I admit, it was lies.
Wed 18/08/04 at 22:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You're all lying, breeding, homosexual, terrorist Elfs.
Wed 18/08/04 at 22:48
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
cookie monster wrote:
> Well ive been messing around with DR TCP for a few hours.
>
> Downstream 1859 Kbps (232.4 KB/sec) 2007 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Looks pretty good. Should be able to get 240KB/sec in a download. ADSL guide speed tests dont seem to show the top speed, as I get something like 117KB/sec when I can download at 120KB/sec all day long.

Would love 2Mb, so once I get a job and my special 1Mb Pipex price has finished I might be off to PlusNet unless Pipex offer the same sort of deal. I do want to move off to the US for good in the near future so then I would love to have 4Mb+ :D
Wed 18/08/04 at 22:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
That's nothing. Some bods in America sent 4 DVDs worth of info in 2 hours. That's pretty flipping fast. Cost a bomb though, and the results were pretty obvious from the outset:

Lab guy #1: "I have a theory that the more money we pump into this connection, the bigger bandwidth we'll be able to get."
Lab guy #2: "Hmmm, your theory has attracted my attention. But will it help your Eldars defeat my +1 Elvish army?"
Wed 18/08/04 at 22:54
Regular
"Teal'c"
My +1 Elvish army was triumphant in the end.

Doesn't North Korea have like ultra-fast Broadband for about a penny a day or something?
Wed 18/08/04 at 22:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
monkey_man wrote:
> That's nothing.

Yeah I know its nothing. But 4Mb for like $30 is damn cheap. Plus they sent alot more than 4 DVDs in 2 hours. Its more like 2 DVDs a second or something.
Wed 18/08/04 at 23:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> My +1 Elvish army was triumphant in the end.
>
> Doesn't North Korea have like ultra-fast Broadband for about a penny
> a day or something?

Dunno, but Japan is uber cheap for uber fastness.
Wed 18/08/04 at 23:03
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Jonathan Nash wrote:
> My +1 Elvish army was triumphant in the end.
>
> Doesn't North Korea have like ultra-fast Broadband for about a penny
> a day or something?

Korea, Japan etc have fast connections. There 56K speed is something like 12Mb. Remember reading a few years ago that 12Mb was about £10 in Japan. Sweden also has very fast internet for cheap prices. VDSL is 26Mb/26Mb, ie 26Mbit/sec upload and download. You do have to be close to the exchange ie few hundred meters.

The UK is really behind in broadband which is a shame. Thinking of the overall structure of our economy etc we shouldnt be lagging behind with broadband speeds.
Wed 18/08/04 at 23:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Only thing is, in Korea, or China, you can only access about 4 sites. Even mobile phones calls are heavily restricted over there.
Wed 18/08/04 at 23:11
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
EVERY email that is sent in/to/from China is read by a third party. 30,000 odd people are employed solely to read emails.

Plus the BBC site is banned there too!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.