GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YH QotD - Peado Fear Gone Mad?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/08/04 at 09:09
Regular
At our local swimming pool, there is no a sign up which says "No cameras or mobile phones permitted".

This is, presumably, to stop paedophiles taking pictures of kids in the swimming pool. The thing is, so what if they did? In this particular example the child himself is not being harmed - he/she doesn't even know it's going on.

"But it's better to stop these evil people, however we can!" Scream some.

Even if it means being unable to do anything any normal parent would want to do?

Such as a friend of mine who took their 2 year old daughter down to said pool for her first swim. My mate had bought on of those disposable splash proof camera things to record the occasion, as any parent would want to do - learning to swim is a big thing after all.

Only, he was told that no pictures could be taken, and had to put the camera away. It was his own daughter. Surely if he'd wanted to take dodgy pictures of her, he could have done it any time at home.

We're getting closer to a Big Brother state, and no one seems to notice....

EDIT: I'm talking about taking the phones and camera's into the spectator gallery, not into the pool itself.
Tue 17/08/04 at 09:09
Regular
At our local swimming pool, there is no a sign up which says "No cameras or mobile phones permitted".

This is, presumably, to stop paedophiles taking pictures of kids in the swimming pool. The thing is, so what if they did? In this particular example the child himself is not being harmed - he/she doesn't even know it's going on.

"But it's better to stop these evil people, however we can!" Scream some.

Even if it means being unable to do anything any normal parent would want to do?

Such as a friend of mine who took their 2 year old daughter down to said pool for her first swim. My mate had bought on of those disposable splash proof camera things to record the occasion, as any parent would want to do - learning to swim is a big thing after all.

Only, he was told that no pictures could be taken, and had to put the camera away. It was his own daughter. Surely if he'd wanted to take dodgy pictures of her, he could have done it any time at home.

We're getting closer to a Big Brother state, and no one seems to notice....

EDIT: I'm talking about taking the phones and camera's into the spectator gallery, not into the pool itself.
Tue 17/08/04 at 09:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's probably more to cover the risk of harming the pool's reputation that they've got such measures in place.
Tue 17/08/04 at 09:31
Regular
"you've got a beard"
or maybe becasue we're moving towards a time when morons can take cameras/phones INTO the water and then claim money from the swimming centre when they discover it's broken?

"r din't see any signs wot sed war'er n electronics don't mix"
Tue 17/08/04 at 09:35
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I would have thought it was more to do with the fact that half the idiots taking their mobile phones and cameras would probably break them, due to it being an unsuitable environment (ie. full of water) and them being idiots.
Tue 17/08/04 at 09:41
Regular
Sorry, it said you can't them into the spectator gallery.

Should have made that clear...
Tue 17/08/04 at 09:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The worst example of this sort of paranoia is the school that wouldn't let parents film the school Naivety play. I would probably have smeared "floppy-c*cks" in massive letters of my own faeces on the walls, but that would probably interupt that play.
Tue 17/08/04 at 10:05
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Your Honour wrote:
> We're getting closer to a Big Brother state, and no one seems to
> notice....

Hello?
Tue 17/08/04 at 10:09
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
> Hello?

I mean the fact that we seem to be having more and more restrictions placed on what we can and can't do.

Like not being able to build Georgian style houses in the country any more - if that bill is passed....
Tue 17/08/04 at 10:35
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Maybe you've read the sign wrong: I think it simply said "no speedos".
Tue 17/08/04 at 11:23
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Brilliant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.