GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So... Spurs v Liverpool"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 14/08/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Yes you are"
It's a bit like watching Championship footy, isn't it?

Actually, no, that's not true.

Championship footy is more entertaining!

This is more like a Sunday morning game in the park, played out with 22 heavy smokers who are still hung over from Saturday night.

I suppose if you're a fan of either team, it's a little more entertaining. But as a neutral? YYAAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNN!

Not the ideal opener for television at the start of the new season, is it? The Community Shield was far better, and that wasn't even a 'competitive' match!

More galling still is that Sky have put this game on a pay-per-view channel!

Still, at least we have tomorrow to look forward to, with three real football teams playing.

Oh, and Everton.

Can't have it all, I guess!
Mon 16/08/04 at 20:06
Regular
You squash them with your wit, Ant :)
Mon 16/08/04 at 19:55
Regular
"I like cheese"
316 3055 wrote:
> Still, at least we have tomorrow to look forward to, with three
> real football teams playing.

Oh yes, and Man United vs Chelsea was an utterly enthralling game. Both sides looked far more impressive than those useless, good-for-nothing Tottenham and Liverpool players.

How the hell do you define a "real" team? I don't know.

I detect a "real" idiot here though.

Hahaha. :D
Mon 16/08/04 at 19:26
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> You forgot RvN.

and Pires, Ashley Cole, Viera, Henry......
Mon 16/08/04 at 17:34
Regular
Im sorry but your calling Chelsea a real team. Theyve bought Every chance they have of winning silverware. From where i was sitting saturday morning (i was there) if the ref had used his eyes more we would have four five goals by the final whistle.
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> thebestbit wrote:
> And defoes yellow card was just stupid.
>
> Absolutely. Booking a player for celebrating/removing their shirt is
> childish and pedantic.
>
> I know the ref had no choice - it's "the law" again. But
> the FA - as usual - want to concentrate their energy on more
> important things. Making sure that linesmen know the offside rule
> would be more deserving of their attention.

It's legal to take your shirt off and swing it around your head as long as you don't waste time (what Defoe did) and don't have anything underneath that says anything.

Plus have you ever 'done' the line in a fast match? Keeping an eye on the ball while staying in line with the last defender also while watching for anyone to move into an offside position is incredibly hard.

Nobody can be perfect on the line, it's incredibly hard at times, especially when you've got long balls and offsides combined.
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:36
"High polygon count"
You forgot RvN.
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:23
Regular
Or more harsh decisions on diving. I've lost count of the times Kewell or Pires have dived. Maybe if they got a red for it they'd stop.
Sat 14/08/04 at 17:19
"High polygon count"
thebestbit wrote:
> And defoes yellow card was just stupid.

Absolutely. Booking a player for celebrating/removing their shirt is childish and pedantic.

I know the ref had no choice - it's "the law" again. But the FA - as usual - want to concentrate their energy on more important things. Making sure that linesmen know the offside rule would be more deserving of their attention.
Sat 14/08/04 at 15:59
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Virtuoso wrote:
> We'll fare a lot better in the next few games.

Hope so, got a season ticket for this year, hoping to see Cisse and Owen, Cisse/Baros will have to do.
Sat 14/08/04 at 15:45
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Stryke wrote:
> Heh, wasn't the best match. But Liverpool impressed me, Cisse looked
> sharp. As did his razor, true.
>
> I know I'm biased, but come on. Blatant penalty. That dirty Spurs kid
> couldn't contend with Stevie so he pulled him down.

true, but come on stevie made miore than just a meal of it.
And defoes yellow card was just stupid. Its going to get to the point where you wont be able to celebrate scoreing a goal at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.