GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Free Hotmail Account Upgrade (took 8 years of loyalty)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/08/04 at 20:52
Regular
Has anyone else received this kind of email before? Or perhaps 8 years ago you were still in Primary School and unlikely to have email.

10 days ago I received an email with the above subject title. At first I thought something was up, it looked like an official Hotmail email but there was no Hotmail icon for it in the inbox and the address it was sent from seemed rather odd and unofficial.

It said;

--
Dear MSN® Hotmail® Member:

As a valued MSN Hotmail Member, you will receive your storage upgrade automatically in the coming days. Over the month of August we will upgrade the storage capacity of your e-mail account to 250 MB - that's 125 times your current storage limit! We will also increase your attachment size from 1MB to 10MB. This means you will be able to store and attach more than ever and it's free!
--

So I waited and just noticed a few minutes ago that my account has indeed been upgraded to 250MB and I just sent a 6MB file to a friend of mine.

Not sure why they gave me this as I just asked a few people and they are still stuck on 2MB. I have had the email account since 1996 8 years ago so I guess that's as good a reason to give me some sort of a reward. They do have a Hotmail Plus thing costing £14.99 but then that makes my new upgrade look pathetic as you get 2GB space 20MB email size and many other nice features.

So yeah I'm happy, it's free and now I dont have to worry abount deleting 150 junk emails that manage to find their way into my inbox over the course of a few days. That and being able to send large files such as photos, I've been taking lots of new photos lately hopefully I'll get a chance to show them on SR.
Sat 14/08/04 at 18:49
Regular
"Freeola Support"
hmm my hotmail account has yet to recieve anything like that but I have a 40 gig mail box anyways so it don't matter to much
Sat 14/08/04 at 13:07
Regular
"ProGolfer"
How ocme you have got a gmail account? Where did ou get one from?
Sat 14/08/04 at 12:53
Regular
I have been using GMail for a couple of months now and have to say it's absolutely amazing! It's very clean and easy to use and I absolutely LOVE the conversation style layout. Also you do not get ads in your e-mail or spam e-mail from google or anything, all you get is a google ad bar down the right hand side of the screen which advertises products related to your e-mail. For example if you get an e-mail from someone talking about a holiday, the side bar may have adverts for travel agents, villas, that sort of thing. It is completely unobtrusive.
Sat 14/08/04 at 11:33
Regular
[URL]http://gmail-is-too-creepy.com/[/URL]

;-).
Sat 14/08/04 at 11:11
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Foszy wrote:
> It probably will take a long time, they probably thougth to send the
> email out to everyone then try and change it for as many people as
> possible in a quick time, as probably i belive gmail was going to
> come out soon, and Hotmail not wanting to look bad thought they could
> get ahead of the game.

They're not even doing well against Yahoo! who have now upgraded to 100mb. It will probably take ages for hotmail to finally match them.
Sat 14/08/04 at 10:51
Regular
"ProGolfer"
poke wrote:
> Silent Thunder wrote:
> Hmm.. I'm sure they have forgotten. July the 7th was a long
> time a go.
>
> perhaps they're doing it in stages rather than all in one go and I
> just happened to be in the group before you :) give it a week and I'm
> sure you'll have it and if not then well that kinda sucks.

It probably will take a long time, they probably thougth to send the email out to everyone then try and change it for as many people as possible in a quick time, as probably i belive gmail was going to come out soon, and Hotmail not wanting to look bad thought they could get ahead of the game.
Sat 14/08/04 at 10:47
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Foszy wrote:
> You see to me that sounds all very impressive but i will wait frst
> see if it works, i like the idea of not having to delete any emails.
>
> Indeed, it sounds fantastic, but I don't think I'll sign up until any
> bugs are ironed out; I don't want to lose anything important.

Very true but one hopes such bugs would be ironed out in there testng period, how long hae they been testing anyone know?
Sat 14/08/04 at 10:46
Regular
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Hmm.. I'm sure they have forgotten. July the 7th was a long
> time a go.

perhaps they're doing it in stages rather than all in one go and I just happened to be in the group before you :) give it a week and I'm sure you'll have it and if not then well that kinda sucks.
Sat 14/08/04 at 10:44
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
poke wrote:
> mine did too :) actually I'm not sure if I received this email ages
> ago as well. Because I usually ignore all the MSN emails, hopefully
> in the next few days your account will either change or they'll send
> you an email too.

Hmm.. I'm sure they have forgotten. July the 7th was a long time a go.
Sat 14/08/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Foszy wrote:
> You see to me that sounds all very impressive but i will wait frst
> see if it works, i like the idea of not having to delete any emails.

Indeed, it sounds fantastic, but I don't think I'll sign up until any bugs are ironed out; I don't want to lose anything important.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.