GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's all going so very wrong"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/08/04 at 08:20
Regular
Owen is apparently going to Real Madrid. One of the best strikers in the world. Our most valuable player apart from Gerrard.

For £8 million. £8 million.

Let me put this in context for you. Louis Saha went for (how much was it?), £11 million? Alan Smith was nearly £8 million. £8 million is being touted for BEATTIE. Jeffers went for about that.

£8 million. This is ridiculous. Oh, I know we're supposed to be getting some rubbish Madrid sub midfielders in the bargain(Juanfran and Antonio Nunez) but it means nothing to me. I don't want Mikey to go, but if he does go at least let's get £20 million.

£8 million. This shocks me.

Oh, let's make matters worse. The Vieira deal appears to be stalling. Not only is one of the dirtiest players left in the Prem, but Real Madrid will now go looking for the next best thing. And that is?

Xabi Alonso. He's our player, you dirty Madrid toenails. Hands off, we bid and it got accepted. But no, you saved a ton of money by paying Beattie rates for Owen, so you'll probably outbid us for him.

But it's OK! We've got Juanfran and Luis Garcia!

Bloody hell. And Maniche isn't even coming to the Premiership and all. And Hamann will still be first-team.

It's all going so very wrong.
Fri 13/08/04 at 21:49
Regular
His not even a second class player like Roberto Carlos who earns £80,000 a week.
Fri 13/08/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Stryke wrote:
> Virtuoso wrote:
> He'll be on 65k a week; he would have got 70k a week at Liverpool if
> he signed his 2-year extension.
>
> --
>
> So he's not, technically speaking, a galactico? That's gotta smart.

Galactico, thats Sky Sports News' favourite word at the moment

aarrggghhhhh
Fri 13/08/04 at 21:51
Regular
Surprising, really, seeing as I thought Madrid paid all their attacking players £100,000 a week. I mean, Beckham's not nearly as good as Mikey and he gets way more. Damn marketing appeal.
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:00
Regular
Yeah its all about how marketable a player is. One reason they didnt sign Ronaldinho is because they thought he was ugly and couldnt be considered as a galactico.
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:05
Ronaldo's hardly a model of good looks, is he?
Fri 13/08/04 at 23:55
Regular
I actually think it's a good move for Mikey.

Now he's playing in an attack minded side which suits him perfectly, but yeah 8M is criminal.

Hopefully it'll put an end to the "omg oWen is russbbish but he used 2 be good, rubbis now" nonsense.
Sat 14/08/04 at 01:29
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Stryke wrote:

So he's not, technically speaking, a galactico? That's gotta smart.
-------------

Worse still, Real get his "Image Rights". That basically means that they'll earn about £30mil(before this season has even finished) in shirt sales.

We didn't we do that!!!
Sat 14/08/04 at 02:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Good to see Stryke's push to get rid of the cheats in the Premiership has come into effect. No more of Tumbler Owen's antics anymore in the league to worry about :-D
Sat 14/08/04 at 07:53
Regular
"Don't let me down"
This just shows Shearers loyalty towards Newcastle, he knocked back Man U just to be with the team he loved so much. Owen on the other hand has shown his loyalty and love for the club by leaving. Some might say he was leaving because he was having some sort of rift with the manager, others will say he was after a championship trophy, and you may even hear rumers saying he wanted to play in the spanish league with the best respected team in the world, either way his loyalty to me was questionable. Getting £8 million for a striker of Owens class was also terrible business, last year on his contract, so, he even said himself he wouldn't let Liverpool sell him for peanuts yet he has.If I was a Liverpool fan I would be pooping my pants at the prospect of life without Owen, and also pooping my pants with the thought that Newcastle, among others are breathing down your necks just waiting for a liverpool muck up big style.

Liverpool to finish no higher than 6th place.
Sat 14/08/04 at 11:48
Regular
Quinty wrote:

>
> Hopefully it'll put an end to the "omg oWen is russbbish but he
> used 2 be good, rubbis now" nonsense.
--

It'll never stop until he scores 2 wondergoals against Argentina, and then completes the hatrick by somersaulting over Walter Samuel's head and backheeling it into the net from the halfway line.

Then Owen 10 England shirts will reappear and people like Ashley and lalakersrule will be all "i always liked him, honest, see, I've got an Owen tattoo."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.