GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's all going so very wrong"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/08/04 at 08:20
Regular
Owen is apparently going to Real Madrid. One of the best strikers in the world. Our most valuable player apart from Gerrard.

For £8 million. £8 million.

Let me put this in context for you. Louis Saha went for (how much was it?), £11 million? Alan Smith was nearly £8 million. £8 million is being touted for BEATTIE. Jeffers went for about that.

£8 million. This is ridiculous. Oh, I know we're supposed to be getting some rubbish Madrid sub midfielders in the bargain(Juanfran and Antonio Nunez) but it means nothing to me. I don't want Mikey to go, but if he does go at least let's get £20 million.

£8 million. This shocks me.

Oh, let's make matters worse. The Vieira deal appears to be stalling. Not only is one of the dirtiest players left in the Prem, but Real Madrid will now go looking for the next best thing. And that is?

Xabi Alonso. He's our player, you dirty Madrid toenails. Hands off, we bid and it got accepted. But no, you saved a ton of money by paying Beattie rates for Owen, so you'll probably outbid us for him.

But it's OK! We've got Juanfran and Luis Garcia!

Bloody hell. And Maniche isn't even coming to the Premiership and all. And Hamann will still be first-team.

It's all going so very wrong.
Wed 18/08/04 at 21:54
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
>
>
> You dirty big glory-supporting bandwagon muppet. Hohoho.
>
> Ah such poor attempt to provoke a reaction i expect better from 'The
> king of banter'

--

You obviously are not attuned to all the nuances of banter. But nevertheless, I shall treat this as the text equivalent of removing thy glove and slapping me round the face in a challenge, as us Banter lords are prone to do ;)

--

> Smith was crap today ;)
>
> I would comment on how rubbish your liverpool strikers were as well
> up front tonight but oh! what's this? There wasn't any :-D

--

It makes me cry with great abandon :(
Wed 18/08/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Stryke wrote:
> Were you not? I'm sure you were one of the people slagging Owen off
> because Rooney was scoring all the goals, leaving me to sit you all
> down like children and explain about "drawing defenders"
> and "creating space" and then drawing a stick-figure Mikey
> and putting these concepts in bubbles around him :)

I was slagging Owen off for the fact he wasn't scoring goals, which last time i checked, a striker is meant to do and he did a better disappearing act during games then anything David Copperfield could muster. He had plenty of chances yet wasted many of them. While everyone was saying Rooney was the new Pele i was one of the few who said he's only had 3 decent games, last season wasn't exactly Rooney dominated was it?

> You dirty big glory-supporting bandwagon muppet. Hohoho.

Ah such poor attempt to provoke a reaction i expect better from 'The king of banter'

> Smith was crap today ;)

I would comment on how rubbish your liverpool strikers were as well up front tonight but oh! what's this? There wasn't any :-D
Wed 18/08/04 at 21:45
Regular
Were you not? I'm sure you were one of the people slagging Owen off because Rooney was scoring all the goals, leaving me to sit you all down like children and explain about "drawing defenders" and "creating space" and then drawing a stick-figure Mikey and putting these concepts in bubbles around him :)

But if you say you weren't, I'll believe you.

You dirty big glory-supporting bandwagon muppet. Hohoho.

Smith was crap today ;)
Wed 18/08/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
And i'd like to know Stryke how you even came to that conclusion to include me in that post. I'm one of the few around here that doesn't jump on bandwagons. When most people were praising Rooney as the second coming i was one of the few who actually kept a level head.
Tue 17/08/04 at 23:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
Stryke wrote:
> Then Owen 10 England shirts will reappear and people like Ashley and
> lalakersrule will be all "i always liked him, honest, see, I've
> got an Owen tattoo."

Vintage. :D

And yes, it's true also.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Stryke wrote:

> Then Owen 10 England shirts will reappear and people like Ashley and
> lalakersrule will be all "i always liked him, honest, see, I've
> got an Owen tattoo."

Sorry but my favourite pastime isn't jumping on the bandwagon. Unless Owen suddenly discovers a knack for banging goals in then i won't rate him as a world class talent.
Mon 16/08/04 at 17:42
Regular
*pictures Stevie dressed like Mickey Mouse from Fantasia waving Jamie Carragher about, wand-style, and muttering 'Dance my pretties' under his voice as the Liverpool players play and a big hulking Hamann guards the door*
Mon 16/08/04 at 17:38
Regular
i personnally dont see anything wrong with didi hamann with him in the squad it gives gerrard the time he needs to work his magic.
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:07
Regular
Opened the Sunday Times Sport yesterday and there's a big picture of Mikey decked out in The White.

Like a knife to the heart, I'm telling you.
Sat 14/08/04 at 13:58
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
He's getting the number 11 shirt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.