GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XP Service Pack 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/08/04 at 14:21
Regular
It's now officially out and if you want it without the need of using Windows Update you can get it here:

[URL]http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html[/URL]

It's 266 Mb so get downloading :P
Thu 12/08/04 at 14:21
Regular
It's now officially out and if you want it without the need of using Windows Update you can get it here:

[URL]http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpsp2.html[/URL]

It's 266 Mb so get downloading :P
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Cool, downloading now.

5% done... shouldnt take too long though.
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:37
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Why isn't it on the Microsoft website...?
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:40
Regular
Azul wrote:
> Why isn't it on the Microsoft website...?

It is. Well the version thats on that site is the same as the version on the microsoft site, it is for networked computers. If you wait a few weeks you will be able to get the home user version which is 60MB, i think.
Thu 12/08/04 at 18:37
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
*flashback to this morning*

*uninstalls SP2 beta, restarts and installs SP2*

*Pc restarts*

*screen goes blank*

*long error message*

*repeat several times*

*try to go to safe mode*

*won't*

*tries recovery*

*doesn't work*

*spends rest of day formatting and reinstalling the OS and god knows how much stuff, before using a data recovery program to try dig up the pile of stuff he had not backed up for a year*

Oh yes I love Service Pack 2.... since when has the beta (which was fine) been better than the final version of a piece of software?
Thu 12/08/04 at 20:09
Regular
It's not out yet.
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:00
Regular
Yes it is.

Well sort of anyway. Microsoft are giving it out through Windows update however a few reliable sites have been given the finished version.
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hard luck Bell, i had to reformat the other week after my ATI driver bent over and took itself up the ass.
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:18
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Damarus wrote:
> Yes it is.
>
> Well sort of anyway. Microsoft are giving it out through Windows
> update however a few reliable sites have been given the finished
> version.

Officially, it isn't unless your a PC maufacturer, then yes, it is. Domestic releases should be at the end of this month.

There are copies of the final version about on the net, I found one yesterday and to be honest, I'm not all that impressed.

Best way to find out if your PC is getting ready is to start up windows update, If the url is v4.xxxx then you on the old one, if you pointing to v5.xxx then that's where SP2 will be dilevered from.

SP2 is not available through windows update yet.
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Woo im pointing to v5.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.