GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Future Tactics."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Future Tactics: The Uprising'.
Tue 01/02/05 at 10:46
Regular
"8==="
Finished it a couple of weeks back, can't keep quiet about it any longer:

* 10 quid.

* The sort of game people appreciate on the Cube.

* Better single player than Worms 3D (multiplayer isn't nearly as good though). Very tactical, players have to make use of cover and it all works brilliantly.

* Incredibly catchy music (I finished it two weeks ago and I'm still humming the tunes to myself).

* Upgradeable characters.

* Interesting apocalyptic future story.

* Interesting funky graphics.
Fri 24/06/05 at 17:19
Regular
"8==="
I have to admit that on the first two levels I struggled until I realised the idea was to hide, fire and the hide again otherwise you'd get mullered by everything.

As a turnbased shoot-out I did find it nicely tactical though.
Fri 24/06/05 at 12:20
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Probably yeah, I felt that the difficulty curve of both Worms and Future Tactics lacked balance and initally made both games quite intimidating. Worms Forts on Xbox Live is absolutely superb although its still not as deep and as tactical as I'd like it. But yeah both games are not really worth a purchase in my opinion, and the Gamecube seems to have died a bit latelty.

Come on Nintendo...
Fri 24/06/05 at 11:51
Regular
"8==="
Heh.

You want an unforgiving single player? Try worms 3D or Forts. Under-powered weapons, crap objectives and dull fights.

Future Tactics has some awesome shootouts and the AI communicate to one another when they see you. If you're clever they won't see you most of the time and you can get in some stealthy hits and snipes.

Granted on some missions if you lost a certain character you failed the mission but that's early on before you require a device that allows you to continue despite losing a character or two.

Also the multiplayer isn't good and I made a point of stressing that at the start of this thread. Worms is much better in multiplayer but in single player this easily beats Worms.
Fri 24/06/05 at 11:27
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Um, not to sound like a cynical **** but Future Tactics was average and unfair. If you made like one mistake, you will have to forfeit the mission, and the multiplayer was horribly limited. Enemies were dumb, too.

Not worth the summer drought at all, it bored me.
Wed 22/06/05 at 00:15
Regular
"8==="
*pop*

Started playing through this again.

Remembered it's price and the fact that the summer drought now looms.

Easily worth whatever price it is now, strategy fans should give this a look.
Thu 03/02/05 at 22:39
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:

> At 1 in the afternoon?
>
>
>
> Oh wait, English student.

*chuckles*
Thu 03/02/05 at 22:20
Regular
"8==="
Even worse: English Literature.
Tue 01/02/05 at 16:45
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Look it up. :)
>
> Argh requires effort. I've only just got up.

At 1 in the afternoon?

Oh wait, English student.
Tue 01/02/05 at 15:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I was thinking about FT - one of those middling-good games you sometimes find and either adore or chuck away.
Tue 01/02/05 at 12:58
Regular
"8==="
Pfft.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.