GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Chainsaw for us"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/02/05 at 12:25
Regular
Amid fears of another 'Daily Mail - MANHUNT!! DEATH!!! VIOLENCE IN GAMES!!' feature on Resident Evil 4's release, Nintendo have issued a statement regarding the chainsaw controller to ensure they've covered themselves pre-release: -

(This is taken from Cube Europe)

According to reports Nintendo have already had tabloids complaining about the gore in the game, after the summer's big ill-informed propaganda regarding Manhunt. To make sure Nintendo do not suffer bad press they have issued a statement.

"The chainsaw controller is not a Nintendo product, nor is it licensed by Nintendo. As a company, we have a wide range of consumers, and we publish and distribute a correspondingly wide range of games for all consumer's tastes. Nintendo fully supports and adheres to age rating guidelines and we ensure each one of our products is marketed appropriately."

A spokesperson for Capcom commented on the issue, "Capcom has no plans to distribute the Nubytech Chainsaw Controller in the UK at this time."
Tue 01/02/05 at 13:42
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Just saying, it's a bit gay that Nintendo has to do this, thanks to
> tabloids we have to have our stuff cut down and what not.

Well we are getting the original cut of the game as released in the US rather than the dumbed down Jap one.
Tue 01/02/05 at 13:54
Regular
"8==="
Hopefully Donkey Konga will get banned outright.
Tue 01/02/05 at 14:12
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Why would anyone want one? It looks cheap looking and how could you hold the thing comfortably anyway!?
Tue 01/02/05 at 14:23
Regular
"Touched!"
You can just picture it..some fat ass american kid robbing a store with his cube chainsaw.
Tue 01/02/05 at 15:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Resi 4 is perfection as it is.
Tue 01/02/05 at 15:56
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> Well we are getting the original cut of the game as released in the
> US rather than the dumbed down Jap one.

Yes, I know this.

I probably should of added more to the post.

I know full well the controller is crap, the point I was trying to make was the fact that the Daily Mail's moral 'highground' style attitude could end up influencing the way we get games etc etc.

But my attempt at making this point failed. Miserably.
Tue 01/02/05 at 16:02
Regular
If they ban something worthwhile, then i'll be bothered.
Tue 01/02/05 at 16:28
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Will US controllers work on PAL cubes?

Yes!
I bought a spice coloured one when I was in Florida! Cool colour!
Tue 01/02/05 at 17:15
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gamesfreak wrote:
> I know full well the controller is crap, the point I was trying to
> make was the fact that the Daily Mail's moral 'highground' style
> attitude could end up influencing the way we get games etc etc.

There'll always be those groups who feel the need to critise violence in videogames, usually dumb middle-class fat American mothers who have nothing better to do. But as long as there's still a market for violent games (and there always will be) I can't see anything much changing.
Tue 01/02/05 at 18:36
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
> Hopefully Donkey Konga will get banned outright.

Gollum wrote:
> Why would anyone want one?

Good point.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.