GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Noooooooo! My Daily Radar....Gone..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/05/01 at 08:34
Regular
....Gone....

:o(

They aren't publishing anymore! But you should be able to get all the topics and stuff here, but these are the latest posts you'll ever see!

http://www.dailyradar.com/index2.shtml

Game
Tue 01/05/01 at 16:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*Goatboy must not use Spartacus humour again in postings*

Repeat 100 times.

Tue 01/05/01 at 15:55
Regular
But I though Snuggly was Ali?

Anyway, I didn't really like Daily Radar that much. They had great features, but the news was terrible, and blew open rumours as if they were true.

Still though, it's a shame it's gone. I would never wish this to happen to them, even though they annoyed me more than a few dozen times. :0)

All the old stuff is still up though. It's worth checking out some of the features and top tens.
Tue 01/05/01 at 15:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
No I'm Mr Snuggly!
Tue 01/05/01 at 15:43
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
What? My name is chris and it always has been. who are you?
Tue 01/05/01 at 15:14
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> please let me off Ali!

Huh - forgot who you are?
Tue 01/05/01 at 14:57
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Although everyone has probably already read this...

For those who couldnt be bothered... heres DailyRadar.co.uk's news statement...

---------- Cut and Paste Here ----------

The American site may have gone but we're still here
You may have noticed that Daily Radar.com is no longer operating.

It is believed that the reasons for the closure were financial in nature. Click the link above for our US collegue's farewell message.

We in the UK will be continuing however. So tell any Americans you see to check us out.

---------- Cut and Paste Here ----------
Tue 01/05/01 at 13:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Apparently it's all true, they've gone. Check out DailyRadar.co.uk if you don't believe me. It's a crying shame, they were never afraid to tell it like it is and I for one shall miss them. If that sounds like an obituary, then i'm sorry, but they were a great source for news, pictures, reviews and general funny stuff - their Daily ... image was always a great laugh, especially the ones aimed at George Bush.

In their absence, I suggest TheRegister.co.uk for a good laugh, they aren't afraid to get a bit sarcastic now and then. And tvgohome.com, but that's a bit rude for most people on here. And i shouldn't be advertising other sites on this forum, please let me off Ali!
Tue 01/05/01 at 12:33
Regular
I must say that although Daily Radar were quite good, they were clearly afraid of change, and only liked the same old familiar stuff that has been around for years.
Tue 01/05/01 at 12:23
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The Game wrote:
>The thing is, the UK site is still
> up and that would have gone first....right?!

Well... and I REALLY dont know whats going on :) ... But Daily Radar is by Future Publishing... which is a Brit mag publishers (British Computer Mags are apparently the best?)

They may have cute the number of British employees in half to keep the uk site open?

(although the American site did seem to be much more popular... and was my favourite DR site
Tue 01/05/01 at 10:58
I always had difficulty navigating their site. Still, it always worked out in the end so I guess it was okay.
"Goodbye Daily Radar, We never knew ye"

Unless they have been hacked in which case *makes threatening gestures at unidentified hackers*. Yeah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.