GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Noooooooo! My Daily Radar....Gone..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/05/01 at 08:34
Regular
....Gone....

:o(

They aren't publishing anymore! But you should be able to get all the topics and stuff here, but these are the latest posts you'll ever see!

http://www.dailyradar.com/index2.shtml

Game
Tue 01/05/01 at 08:34
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
....Gone....

:o(

They aren't publishing anymore! But you should be able to get all the topics and stuff here, but these are the latest posts you'll ever see!

http://www.dailyradar.com/index2.shtml

Game
Tue 01/05/01 at 09:50
Regular
"not dead"
Yeah, I noticed that too.

IGN is also slimming down a little, they've closed their wrestling section.

The dot coms are really feeling the pinch of the state of the economy in the US, aren't they!
Tue 01/05/01 at 10:02
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Word is, people are expecting the Dot Com 'pintch' to last another 6 months... Which should clear up a few mre sites...

Shame about Daily Radar though... I heard they made British cutbacks a month or two back... and I didnt like n awful lot f what they said... but they seemed to be starting to figure out what was going on pretty well?
Tue 01/05/01 at 10:08
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Although on the upside... a certain high street computer store's web presence is still off-line...

How long does it take to turn off the machine with the old web site... and turn on the machine with the new?
Tue 01/05/01 at 10:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a Q-tip"

Tue 01/05/01 at 10:24
As far as Daily Radar goes, we at SR Towers reckon it's a hoax, or more likely, a defacement. Face it, it doesn't look very official, it has spelling mistakes all over it, it claims 'you will have read about it in the news lately' - since when? I reckons they've been hacked. Shame if it's real though, a good quality site that I have always looked up to.
Tue 01/05/01 at 10:34
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I loved Daily Radar, I would imagine they would have quit like that, but there are thanks at the bottom of the page. Plus, they always joke and mess around with reviews and catchphrases etc...they could have tried stay happy about it...The thing is, the UK site is still up and that would have gone first....right?!

Ali's probably right..(Damn Him) but I am still a little worried...their news was ace...better than anything on IGN, maybe not insider, but general-public-news-wise...

Anyhoo, Life goes on....
Tue 01/05/01 at 10:58
I always had difficulty navigating their site. Still, it always worked out in the end so I guess it was okay.
"Goodbye Daily Radar, We never knew ye"

Unless they have been hacked in which case *makes threatening gestures at unidentified hackers*. Yeah.
Tue 01/05/01 at 12:23
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The Game wrote:
>The thing is, the UK site is still
> up and that would have gone first....right?!

Well... and I REALLY dont know whats going on :) ... But Daily Radar is by Future Publishing... which is a Brit mag publishers (British Computer Mags are apparently the best?)

They may have cute the number of British employees in half to keep the uk site open?

(although the American site did seem to be much more popular... and was my favourite DR site
Tue 01/05/01 at 12:33
Regular
I must say that although Daily Radar were quite good, they were clearly afraid of change, and only liked the same old familiar stuff that has been around for years.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.