GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Summing up pre-season"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/08/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Jose Mourinho, you have won Champions League. This may be a one-off or not. We don't care. Here's some money, come coach my team."
"No, I am Portuguese and shall stay loyal to Porto. Besides, my family is here. I will never move."
"Here's some more money."
"OK"
"Boss, take me with no."
"Shut up Deco."

"Houllier, you are crap. Go away."
"But Hamann's crap and you let him stay."
"You signed him."
"Ah. Bye."
"Will you stay now Stevie?"
"*Scouse*"
"We'll take that as a yes. Cool."

"Vieria, come to Madrid."
"Maybe."

"Santini, you've taken a team brimming with superb players and lost to Greece. This is apalling. Where will you take your supreme lack of talent?"
"Spurs."
"Seems fair."

"Maybe."

"I'm old and you're old too, Shearer. Fancy going to Celtic?"
"No Bobby. Sign Kluivert. And Nicky Butt."
"Ok."

"Jose, who will you sign?"
"Well, I certainly won't be raiding my old club!"
"Very noble of you. So who will you sign?"
"Ferriera and Carvalho. But they would've left anyway. So I'm being noble and smooth by taking them to Chelsea."
"Very noble of you."
"Thank you."

"Maybe."

"Cisse is here! He's all blonde. We're definitely going to win the league now, Spanish-style. What do you think boys?"
"*Scouse talk*"
"Great. Mikey, will you commit now?"
"Certainly. Without a doubt."

"Fergie, you need a brilliant and astute summer signing."
"Aye."
"So who is it?"
"Alan Smith."
"...Sigh."

"Maybe."

"Aye."
"So who is it?"
"Heinze."
"...Sigh."

"After long deliberation, I have decided to make John Terry club captain."
"What, the guy who was captain last time?"
"Yes."
"You're a genius, Jose."
"I know. And I've got Deco."
"That's Joe Cole."
"Where? Next to Deco?"
"...Sigh."

"Santini, you've finally done something. Who've you signed."
"Mendes."
"Enjoy 10th place."
"I will!"

"Maybe."
Mon 09/08/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Jose Mourinho, you have won Champions League. This may be a one-off or not. We don't care. Here's some money, come coach my team."
"No, I am Portuguese and shall stay loyal to Porto. Besides, my family is here. I will never move."
"Here's some more money."
"OK"
"Boss, take me with no."
"Shut up Deco."

"Houllier, you are crap. Go away."
"But Hamann's crap and you let him stay."
"You signed him."
"Ah. Bye."
"Will you stay now Stevie?"
"*Scouse*"
"We'll take that as a yes. Cool."

"Maybe."

"Santini, you've taken a team brimming with superb players and lost to Greece. This is apalling. Where will you take your supreme lack of talent?"
"Spurs."
"Seems fair."

"Maybe."

"I'm old and you're old too, Shearer. Fancy going to Celtic?"
"No Bobby. Sign Kluivert. And Nicky Butt."
"Ok."

"Jose, who will you sign?"
"Well, I certainly won't be raiding my old club!"
"Very noble of you. So who will you sign?"
"Ferriera and Carvalho. But they would've left anyway. So I'm being noble and smooth by taking them to Chelsea."
"Very noble of you."
"Thank you."

"Maybe."

"Cisse is here! He's all blonde. We're definitely going to win the league now, Spanish-style. What do you think boys?"
"*Scouse talk*"
"Great. Mikey, will you commit now?"
"Certainly. Without a doubt."

"Aye."
"So who is it?"
"Alan Smith."
"...Sigh."

"Maybe."

"Aye."
"So who is it?"
"Heinze."
"...Sigh."

"After long deliberation, I have decided to make John Terry club captain."
"What, the guy who was captain last time?"
"Yes."
"You're a genius, Jose."
"I know. And I've got Deco."
"That's Joe Cole."
"Where? Next to Deco?"
"...Sigh."

"Santini, you've finally done something. Who've you signed."
"Mendes."
"Enjoy 10th place."
"I will!"

"Maybe."
Mon 09/08/04 at 23:45
Regular
nice one stryke.
Tue 10/08/04 at 00:40
Regular
"quotation mark overload!"
Tue 10/08/04 at 02:11
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Don or†ega wrote:

"quotation mark overload!"
-----------------

=D =D =D

Stryke, that was class in a glass; the Forums are ours ;)
Tue 10/08/04 at 03:42
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Excellent
I particularly agree with the comments on Spurs
* Waits for Lil Bro to notice *
Tue 10/08/04 at 05:12
Regular
Mendes? What about Defendi instead? Would of been a bonus if you wrote something like this about the Vieira saga:

"He's going"
"No he's not"
"........."
"What is he thinking?!"

Of course you could make that sound funnier but I can't be bothered to try at this time.
Tue 10/08/04 at 09:42
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
enjoyed that
Tue 10/08/04 at 11:25
Regular
Cheers lads. So, who reckons this "Veiria to go on Thursday" is true? He'll say maybe again.
Tue 10/08/04 at 11:32
Regular
"tokyo police club"
That was total and utter genius.

Well done.
Tue 10/08/04 at 11:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's funny because it does a very good job of 'summing up pre-season'! Well done. :)

However, although he's not a 'Wayne Rooney' or some Portuguese international after one good season, Alan Smith is - and will prove to be - a great signing for us (especially at the price we payed!). ;)

Ferguson didn't go bigger because we don't really need 'bigger', right now. Once Rio Ferdinand returns and Heinze comes back to establish himself (in-time), we'll have a strong, first-choice eleven; with Ruud van Nistelrooy and Louis Saha upfront, built on the relationship that grew between them last season.

A man who, I feel should be starting every game for England, is certainly a lot more of a reassurance on your subs' bench that the 'on-form; off-form' Diego Forlan, with Ole Solskjaer likely to miss the whole season - if not the rest of his career! - and no undoubtabley talent and able youngsters ever gonna get their chance in a "serious" competition.

Seeing him in action for Watford last night, I still can't believe he just let Danny Webber go like that... The same thing happened with David Healy - top-scorer for Northern Ireland - who went on to great goal-scoring things with Preston... And, although we payed Wolves a whole £1m for him several years back, we've still barely had a sniff of Daniel Nardiello, who just doesn't stop scoring for the reserves (...when he isn't on-loan somewhere).

I don't understand what 'the general public' has against Alan Smith, though... I mean, they're not all Leeds fans, in spite of him for ditching the sinking ship to cross the Pennines. Is it just because "Sven" picks Wayne Rooney - the BOY everyone seems to love - over him??
Sure, he's hot-tempered, but so was Eric Cantona. This lad's got a great level of passion and determination to win things - and that's how he's gone about things so far. He NEVER gives up. He scored a superb goal against Arsénal - especially as the loan striker!

If he doesn't start for England with Rooney out of the scene next month, I'll be gunning for Sven's evil, big, bald head!
And, if Fergie lets Nardiello get-away like all the rest, I'll... Give him a punch, or something....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.