GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you ever walked out during a movie at the cinema?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/08/04 at 18:00
Regular
A topic that has been discussed a lot on other boards, likely to have been done before but lets try anyway.

So have you ever walked out on a movie? Or wished you had? Or perhaps you rented a movie that was so bad you didnt even bother to finish watching it?

In America I've noticed that they are more likely to walk out during a movie rather than the Brits who would feel it's money (and not time) wasted if they left.

I myself have never walked out on a movie, though I don't go to the cinema a lot but I really wish I had in the case of Battlefield Earth.

Movies that I've read people walk out on are, Blair Witch Project, Star Wars Episode 1, AI, Gigli and several Police Academy movies.
Mon 09/08/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Walked out of Forrest Gump because it was an idiotic, right-wing nazi piece of crap.
Walked out of Four Weddings & A Funeral because the potential shag wasn't worth another 90 mins of Hugh Grant. I lasted precisely 8 minutes.
Walked out of Hunt For Red October because it sucked.

Turned endless DVDs off
Mon 09/08/04 at 23:36
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I've never walked out of a cinema - if I hate a film but I've already paid for it, I'm going to sit there and soak in every tardy minute of it sos I can better flame it the next day, hur hur hur.

I would have walked out of xXx if I wasn't there with friends. It was like watching Vin Diesel rubbing his muscles with $100 bills, laughing because he's tricked everyone into thinking he's the next James Bond (when everyone knows Ice Cube is the next xXx is the next James Bond).
Mon 09/08/04 at 23:51
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
I lasted precisely 8
> minutes.

sounds like an exaggeration! not what i heard! hohohhohohohohoho

Never walked out of the cinema before, seems a waste of money and there is always the chance it will get good towards the end. There have been a few films that would be worth. Blair witch has to be a prime candidate for every one.
Tue 10/08/04 at 13:07
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I'm always amazed that people will go to the cinema and be prepared to sit in a seat to the far left or right of the centre of the screen. Sitting in the middle provides the best view and also means that the surround sound, surrounds you and sounds better.

Oh and anyone who actually decides to sit at the sides, when they have the option to sit anywhere they like, is a complete c**k.

So in answer to the question, if I'm allocated a crap seat I'm not going to watch the film, unless I can sit in a middle seat and hope that the person doesn't move me, or is smaller than me and so I'll not be moving anyway.
Tue 10/08/04 at 13:12
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> I've never walked out of a cinema.

AH. Took a moment to click, but when it did, the rush of air ripping through my nostrils from the sudden humour has left me flossing my keyboard clean again.

Again.
Tue 10/08/04 at 13:31
Regular
Puddleface wrote:
> I walked out on Toy Story, cos i was embarassed being seen with a
> cinema full of 8 year olds, plus I thought the film was crap.

Shocking.

Toy Story ruled.
Tue 10/08/04 at 13:55
Regular
"the burning sky"
When I was watching ButterFly Effect, a whole group of people walked out after the first few flashback thingies... can't think why tho'. And in terms of DVD's I've never been able to watch any of the LoTR DVD's and haven't seen the films. Too Goddamn boring for me...
Tue 10/08/04 at 13:57
Regular
"the burning sky"
the sagacious one wrote:
> So in answer to the question, if I'm allocated a crap seat I'm not
> going to watch the film, unless I can sit in a middle seat and hope
> that the person doesn't move me, or is smaller than me and so I'll
> not be moving anyway.

I always get people that sit directly infront of me, despite their being a whole auditorum of seats. Normally a bout of seat kicking does the kick...
Tue 10/08/04 at 17:10
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Walked out of Hunt For Red October because it sucked.

can't agree with that.

"cap'n Ramiush of tha rrred oktober, at yur shervish"
Tue 10/08/04 at 17:14
Regular
"Whatever!"
Walked out on Jack and Sarah after about the fifth time of watching it. I was doing work experience at the time so got to see all the films for nothing but this was the only film that was on. It was crap!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.