GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If Microsoft made iPod's"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/08/04 at 00:38
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
[URL]http://gallery.ipodlounge.com/ipod/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=208[/URL]
Fri 06/08/04 at 19:09
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> It's not my fault that iPods are over-rated,

Over-rated? Nah. As good as people say? Definitely.

> over-priced,

yes, the price is higher than competitors, but that's because it is so much better. Why have chunky Zens that have crash issues when you can have a slim iPod that actually looks good too.

> under-battery-lifed

I'll have to agree that there are battery problems.

> stupid file format lumps of crap

Yes, MP3 is an atrocious file format, isn't it?
Fri 06/08/04 at 19:13
Regular
I've heard repetitively that build quality is far superior to others. So that about settles it for me.

Really the past iPod related query, if the battery does go flat can I still play it using the mains adaptor?
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:27
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
I don't quite understand why people make all this stuff about Microsoft and bill gates when he gives more to charity than charity shops, and without him we would have to wait a few more years for our systems to be as good as they are. Still great laugh.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:40
"period drama"
be§§ant™ wrote:
> I don't quite understand why people make all this stuff about
> Microsoft and bill gates when he gives more to charity than charity
> shops, and without him we would have to wait a few more years for our
> systems to be as good as they are. Still great laugh.

He gives to chaity - yeah, that makes Windows better. When the blue screen decided to punch you in the face, that paperclip jumps up and tells you how much of Gates' money has gone to chairty.
Nice.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A key reason I got a Zen was because it supported WMA.

WMP is a perfeclty good player. All my music is 128kp, it's crystal damn clear and I can fit thousands upon thousands of tracks onto my Zen - which, despite being dropped drunkenly several times, scratched and smashed about, still works absoloutely perfectly.

I consider it a worthy and cheaper alternative to the Ipod - seriously, it's a fantastic piece of kit. Just not as small or perhaps 'trendy' as the Ipod, but that doesn't matter one jot.

I'll love my Zen for letting me listen to The Everlasting Gaze, (chorus, where the guitars layer and it's just a beautiful rippling sound of genius) while above the clouds on Mt. Meru.

Possibly the best moment of my life.

*ahem*
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:53
"period drama"
I'll be ordering Elliott this evening.
Fri 06/08/04 at 20:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yay!

I'm a right emo kid.

(The Everlasting Gaze is SPs though)
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Bicycle"
iPods rule. Period.

No, but seriously... If you're more worried about battery life and less about how it looks, just get a Belkin external battery pack... 20 hours of juice. Mmmmm...

Also, it really isn't that hard to convert files to MP3s...
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:02
Regular
I've got the battery pack - for my flight tomorrow.

It's a bit bulky though.
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Bicycle"
Same, I bought one on Tuesday, because I had a 20 hour journey to LA on Wednesday... It's huge. But worth it... I reckon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.