GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Godfather & Scarface"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/02/05 at 17:27
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Two games being made, both of them based on the greatest movies ever made. Personally I don't think that they will be anything special. Just want to know what everyone else thinks.
Fri 11/02/05 at 22:15
Regular
"The definitive tag"
the triad killer wrote:
> the godfather would be a brill game if it was made (not 2&3 thoe,
> they are crap)

What! The Godfather Part II is widely considered to be better than the first one and saying that it is crap is outrageous. Part III was lacking a little but it is better than a lot of people give it credit for.
Fri 11/02/05 at 09:36
Regular
"i own groovy land"
the godfather would be a brill game if it was made (not 2&3 thoe, they are crap)
Thu 10/02/05 at 16:29
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Reefer wrote:
> Reservoir Dogs is getting the polygonal treatment, too.
>
> Hopefully it'll be a variety of heists and a control system like
> Hitman.
>
> Bet it won't though.

Yeah, it'll probably be rubbish, as are most film-to-game spin-offs.
Wed 09/02/05 at 21:34
Regular
"8==="
As a plot it wouldn't be a rip-off.

With a game engine similar to VC it would.
Tue 08/02/05 at 21:55
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Squall wrote:
> Scarface on the other hand could be a good game if they add everything
> in the film. It would be a replica of Vice City but then again when i
> started playing Vice City i recognized it as Scarface. They add the
> drugs and guns and they'll have a top seller on their hands.

The bad thing about this is that many people, especially youngsters, won't have watched Scarface and it could lead to a lot of ignorant people claiming Scarface to be a rip off of Vice City. Hopefully not though. I have a feeling that it would make me very angry.
Tue 08/02/05 at 21:32
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Scarface on the other hand could be a good game if they add everything in the film. It would be a replica of Vice City but then again when i started playing Vice City i recognized it as Scarface. They add the drugs and guns and they'll have a top seller on their hands.
Tue 08/02/05 at 21:30
Regular
"8==="
Probably, unless they've been working on it, the engine, for a while and have aquired the best licence for the type of game the engine's made for.

If they want to make a franchise out of it then a quality engine would be the way to start.
Tue 08/02/05 at 21:27
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Hedfix wrote:
> So it could be really good, or really bad.

Probably the latter, making sports game i would say is there strong point, but making a game like this needs alot of time, they'll rush it and make a poor job im guessing.
Tue 08/02/05 at 21:25
Regular
"8==="
So it could be really good, or really bad.
Tue 08/02/05 at 21:17
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
EA are making The Godfather, enough said.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.