GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why does everybody here insult each other?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/08/04 at 19:57
"Hi"
I've noticed this and was wondering why. At other forum sites I've been at nobody insults each other and it's far better.
Thu 05/08/04 at 10:59
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Getting abused is part of the inductionm - if you're not strong enough to survive a bit of banter then you don't deserve to talk with the 1337.

pwn j00
Thu 05/08/04 at 10:42
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I was just theoretically speaking anyway
Thu 05/08/04 at 10:28
Regular
"Don't let me down"
What bothers me the most is if your wrong about something, theres always people on here waiting to jump down your throat without a second thought instead of explaining how your wrong with reason. And also if your talking about something, and someone suddenly buts in saying there going to report you for something which isn't reportable/neccesary bugs me to the eyeballs. Apart from that I also agree with the reasons given below.
Thu 05/08/04 at 10:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, Goaty thought he was the best in the world before he was made notable, so nothing's changed there.
Thu 05/08/04 at 10:22
Regular
I don't think I've ever seen a Notable use his/her status as a power tool.
Thu 05/08/04 at 10:17
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Astooorrriiiaaa wrote:
> My own personal theory is that this board reflects England as a whole;
> you can't go out without meeting at least one (group of) idiot(s),
> and this board's no different.
>
> Btw, I did say I haven't been flamed much .

I totally agree, everyones here because of selfish motivs, everyone wants to be number 1, regardless of their attitude to others. Also people discriminate here on the same levels as society. Eg, Newbies are often looked down on, and notables usually like the power they have and think they can rule everyone.
Thu 05/08/04 at 08:11
Regular
"8==="
You flaming gallar!
Thu 05/08/04 at 07:56
Regular
satans little helper wrote:
> Astooorrriiiaaa wrote:
> I've never actually been flamed much on here but Holy crap that was
> harsh
>
> EDIT - referring to Memorandum!'s post
>
> yes you have been flamed, i flamed you yesterday for posting that
> 'Guess what ' thread, remember, i said you were a stupid wierdo who
> deserved to die!

then you deserve to be banned - for flaming.
Thu 05/08/04 at 07:54
Regular
"Taking Back Sunday"
My own personal theory is that this board reflects England as a whole; you can't go out without meeting at least one (group of) idiot(s), and this board's no different.

Btw, I did say I haven't been flamed much .
Thu 05/08/04 at 03:22
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Everyone's here for something, whether it's to pass the time, talk about stuff that interests them, looking for advice or in the case of the insulters, an ego boost.
If you read through this topic you'll notice most of the people complaining are newbies and thats not a coincidence, they are treated quite harshly and sometimes it's deserved and sometimes it's not, this is not an easy place to break into, the way the newbies are treated at the moment isn't really helping and i'm sure we've lost some good posters because of it.
As cliched as it is to say, we really should try to educate them of the rules instead of the wolves turning up and taking them apart because they posted a topic that we had weeks ago, if they choose to ignore the advice or act like an idiot then it's their own fault but they aren't given much of a chance at the moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.