GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Subway"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/08/04 at 08:15
"possibly impossible"
I popped in to Subway in Exeter yesterday to get something to eat. How disappointed I was.

It was less fast-food and more slow, messy and pretty depressing food. For a start, they took the bread stick and cut it in half. What's all that about?! I didn't ask for a kids size meal. The girl behind the counter explained that that's their standard size. What a stupid penny-pinching idea, go in for a full meal like in all of the pictures on the window and come away with something resembling a small sandwich.

It wasn't as if the meal was any good either. Soggy thin strips of steak with limp looking salad do not make people want to go there again. It certainly didn't match up to the meal in a US Subway.

Perhaps it wouldn't have been so bad if the service had been any good, but the girl took so long and the process was so complicated. I wanted to walk in, ask for a meal and get what I asked for, I ended up having to go through every choice imaginable to get my meal in the end.

So, it's fair to say I won't be going there any more. Next time it's eat at home or find a decent snack bar.
Mon 02/08/04 at 13:15
Regular
Hmm.
Thanks for letting me know.
I only ever get a burger from burger king when i'm starving, they're like 1.60 for a piece of crap in a roll.
Mcdonalds is sooooooo much cheaper.
And their chips are nicer.

But from now on, Ionly go to the KFC halfway up something street, or so, it's after cash converters, but before the burger king at the UGC.

It's great.
Like, 4 quid or something for a meal, but much much much tastier.
Mon 02/08/04 at 13:25
Regular
All this talk of food makes me hungry.

I want a Curry.

+ naan bread
Mon 02/08/04 at 13:29
Regular
If you don't mind an absolutely huge delivery bill (0141) 881 7000

Absolutely awesome indian in my village, though, if you don't live with 100 miles, it may be cold when you get it.
Mon 02/08/04 at 13:34
Regular
"Selected"
Subway is rubbish. Crap food at expensive prices. The most insulting thing is that they try to tell you it's healthy like you're the one getting the deal by giving them a fiver for a bit of lettuce trapped between two sheets of crap bread.

Crap
Mon 02/08/04 at 13:39
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I just had the most tasteless chicken sandwiche ever. It is making me feel ill, as I type.

Not that it was from Subway, it has just made me feel quite sick.

Yey.
Mon 02/08/04 at 14:02
Regular
"not dead"
It saddens me to read that Subway has disappointed anybody.

When I was living in Canada, I was a regular visitor to Subway, and enjoyed it greatly every single time.

Here, however, I've only found one subway, in Norwich, and whilst it was okay, they didn't stick the wedge of bread back in the middle. Also, far less options on the menu.

When I think of Subway, I always think of Happy Gilmore.
Mon 02/08/04 at 14:10
"possibly impossible"
maddmun wrote:
> > But from now on, Ionly go to the KFC halfway up something street, or
> so, it's after cash converters, but before the burger king at the
> UGC.

Or Dominos, not too far away.
Mon 02/08/04 at 14:11
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
I must be one of the few who like subway. I'd sooner have a roasted chicken sub on Italien herb and cheese foot long.. Its much more healthier than MCdonalds or Burger king.
The real McCoy in Canada/ USA is much better.. Hopefully they will improve thier taste of things. However its not that bad yet
Mon 02/08/04 at 14:14
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
There was a subway by my old college. I went in there once but never ate anything. Loads of people used to eat from there and they all said how good it was!
Mon 02/08/04 at 14:37
Regular
"smile, it's free"
pb, where abouts is Subway in Exeter?

I don't think I've eaten there before, but I'll make a point to avoid it in future :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.