GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Subway"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/08/04 at 08:15
"possibly impossible"
I popped in to Subway in Exeter yesterday to get something to eat. How disappointed I was.

It was less fast-food and more slow, messy and pretty depressing food. For a start, they took the bread stick and cut it in half. What's all that about?! I didn't ask for a kids size meal. The girl behind the counter explained that that's their standard size. What a stupid penny-pinching idea, go in for a full meal like in all of the pictures on the window and come away with something resembling a small sandwich.

It wasn't as if the meal was any good either. Soggy thin strips of steak with limp looking salad do not make people want to go there again. It certainly didn't match up to the meal in a US Subway.

Perhaps it wouldn't have been so bad if the service had been any good, but the girl took so long and the process was so complicated. I wanted to walk in, ask for a meal and get what I asked for, I ended up having to go through every choice imaginable to get my meal in the end.

So, it's fair to say I won't be going there any more. Next time it's eat at home or find a decent snack bar.
Mon 02/08/04 at 08:15
"possibly impossible"
I popped in to Subway in Exeter yesterday to get something to eat. How disappointed I was.

It was less fast-food and more slow, messy and pretty depressing food. For a start, they took the bread stick and cut it in half. What's all that about?! I didn't ask for a kids size meal. The girl behind the counter explained that that's their standard size. What a stupid penny-pinching idea, go in for a full meal like in all of the pictures on the window and come away with something resembling a small sandwich.

It wasn't as if the meal was any good either. Soggy thin strips of steak with limp looking salad do not make people want to go there again. It certainly didn't match up to the meal in a US Subway.

Perhaps it wouldn't have been so bad if the service had been any good, but the girl took so long and the process was so complicated. I wanted to walk in, ask for a meal and get what I asked for, I ended up having to go through every choice imaginable to get my meal in the end.

So, it's fair to say I won't be going there any more. Next time it's eat at home or find a decent snack bar.
Mon 02/08/04 at 09:55
Regular
It's shockingly expensive as well.
Mon 02/08/04 at 11:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Just get a Salads +

ahahaahahahahhaahahah no really
Mon 02/08/04 at 11:49
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'm dissappointed in you Led-man. I mean maybe Exeter has a bad one, cos the one i went into round here in London had some good stuff. It was actually a half decent quick-ish meal.
Mon 02/08/04 at 12:00
"Majestic"
Yeah, Subway is all about false advertising.

On the door you see a foot long sub stuffed with ham and cheese - looks lovely.

Ask for a ham and cheese sub in the shop - you get a measly 6 inch sub with a couple of slices of ham, and 2 small cheese strips.

"Extra cheese?"
Yes please!
"30 pence extra?"
Go on then!

Then she puts 2 more strips on! For 30 pence! Rip off if you ask me, and if you want a big sub stuffed with 10 portions of extra cheese and extra ham like it shows on the window - then it will cost you a good fiver, without a drink.
Mon 02/08/04 at 12:13
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I've been to on of the the ones in Glasgow a few times when at uni and in a rush for the train.
Hasn't been too bad, always asked for the 12inch sub with what I wanted on it and used the student snapfax to get some kind of deal or something free with it so it wasn't too expensive.

Found another sandwich bar place that does takeaway though that was a bit better and cheaper so used that more often.
Mon 02/08/04 at 13:06
Regular
It's because you southern englanders are all miserable.

I was at an indian a few years back, and bought naan bread at about 1.50 to go with our meal, what we got resembled a small pitta pocket, whereas, in the indian in my village, you get a 20 inch diameter naan bread thing that only just fits on the table.
Yum.
Mon 02/08/04 at 13:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've never been to one before though I nearly went into the one on Buchannon Street once but deceided not too.

Wouldn't touch the one in Union Street next to Central Station mind.
Mon 02/08/04 at 13:07
Regular
Fact: All food selling places around (not inside) central station, are peesh.
Mon 02/08/04 at 13:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The Burger King in Central Station made my brother ill for a week.

Then there's one half price accross the street.

I only ever buy stuff out Superdrug in Central Station because I'm a cheapskate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.