GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is all this Reassuring?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/07/04 at 20:21
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Taking a step-aside from all this "Manhunt" madness for two-minutes, I'm interested to see what people's opinions are on all this 'extra fuss' being made over the possibility of a Terrorist Attack on our country (sorry, "Emergency") and all the "safety measures" being thrown in our faces like on-line Junk Mail.

Soon enough, we'll have booklets and all-sorts flooding through our doors...

To go with that, we've even got adverts plastered all over our TVs and the media, allerting us of how important these will be, and what we should do when they do arrive (it doesn't even take an idiot to figure out how to read a book, y'know...).

And now, there's a new Thursday night series starting on SkyOne, just to top it all off!

But, why now? Why not another year-or-two-ago, back in the aftermath of unforgettable 9/11? Is there something we should know...?

When all else about video-game violence and Sven-Goran Eriksson's bedroom antics eventually die down, surely people will begin to feel a little uneasy when they realise how "over-cautious" the Goverment has suddenly become on such a matter...

If they're gonna make this much fuss now, should they as well give us a date, a time and a place to go with it??
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Wed 04/08/04 at 19:10
Regular
The advert just puts loads of safety signs on the screen 'little clips of the general public going about their day ignoring them' then goes on to say something like "There are some things we have in life as guidelines to help us, if the time should ever come... yada yada." Then goes on to say that the guidelines being sent to us should be used in an emergency and so on.

In fact, the very last thing said is something along the lines of "Now go about your lives as normal." I can almost hear Bill Hicks manically laughing after saying it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.