GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Games Becoming Too Violent?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/02/05 at 20:54
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
We have a lot of wonderful games on the Xbox (or the lesser of our species have them on PS2 or GameCube) happy games - something to cheer you up, excite you or calm you- but don't you think that things are getting out of hand with the more adult, violent games?

OK, it's adult, 18+, but the advertisers show in game images, magazines and websites show in game images of decapated humans, people mutilating each other and in the case of The Punisher, heads being drilled or sawn (or fed to piranahs etc.). I find it distressing to see but I've grown hardened to it, but what about kids or unstable people - do we want them to see it?

OK, we have the likes of Halo and GTA, but the worse you get to see is a bit of blood and a scream. Not humiliating disembodying. I mean you must be seriously disturbed to want to invent these kinds of game - let alone want to play them. What happened to the time where you could turn on your computer and relax by kicking a ball around, racing in cars, playing as a comical dragon or bandicoot? Just tell me your opinions. I'm not anti-violence, just I think game designers/developers have taken the violence too far.
Mon 07/02/05 at 13:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I completed Braindead without losing a life.
Sun 06/02/05 at 23:05
Regular
"8==="
I have it, but have yet to get started on it.
Sun 06/02/05 at 22:29
Regular
"For One Night Only"
"Braindead" is a good laugh.

I never got interested in "The Suffering".
Sun 06/02/05 at 21:16
Regular
"8==="
OTT violence can be funny.

Go watch Braindead.
Sun 06/02/05 at 20:54
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
We have a lot of wonderful games on the Xbox (or the lesser of our species have them on PS2 or GameCube) happy games - something to cheer you up, excite you or calm you- but don't you think that things are getting out of hand with the more adult, violent games?

OK, it's adult, 18+, but the advertisers show in game images, magazines and websites show in game images of decapated humans, people mutilating each other and in the case of The Punisher, heads being drilled or sawn (or fed to piranahs etc.). I find it distressing to see but I've grown hardened to it, but what about kids or unstable people - do we want them to see it?

OK, we have the likes of Halo and GTA, but the worse you get to see is a bit of blood and a scream. Not humiliating disembodying. I mean you must be seriously disturbed to want to invent these kinds of game - let alone want to play them. What happened to the time where you could turn on your computer and relax by kicking a ball around, racing in cars, playing as a comical dragon or bandicoot? Just tell me your opinions. I'm not anti-violence, just I think game designers/developers have taken the violence too far.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.