GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kinder Surprise"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/04 at 11:29
Regular
"I ush!"
A surprise, a toy, and some chocolate!

Despite really badly dubbed commercials I still on occasion buy kinder surprise despite being the wrong side of 25. Everyone knows at near fifty pence the damn things are a complete rip off but I still buy them. The thing is though. I peel away the foil. I demolish the chocolate in a matter of seconds. I pop open the yellow and orange (remember when they used to be all yellow? and when the orange half meant you'd got the crappy promotional model frog or hippo or whatever?) container that no doubt will later be used as an amusing projectile until on half gets lost behind the couch.

What do I find?

Well that's the surprise isn't it. No surprises that it'll be a few cheap pieces of plastic tat that go together to make a plane or a car or something, and that will then be placed in a draw or on a monitor to collect dust for a few weeks before it finally gets binned. That's no surprise. I like making the crappy little plastic models and I guess that's the whole point behind kinder surprise. It is for me at least.

That's why I find myself getting incredibly narked off when I pop open the plastic pod and find - A cardboard jigsaw.
I hate those jigsaws. You can tell as soon as you get the prize pod out of the chocolate that something is wrong. You squeeze the card stuffed pod and the over crammed thing is reluctant to open, like it was created to bring joyous plastic rubbish for you to make, but it has been soiled with cardboard jigsaw filth and now it doesn't want to see the pain of your face when you find out you've been robbed.

The plastic hippos and frogs aren't much better. I want something I can make, something I can transform from plastic rubbish into plastic rubbish cement truck.

It even happened at easter once. I got a giant kinder egg with a giant toy in it and what was it? A sylvester cuddley toy. Pants.
I swapped it for something better.

That kind of brings me round to the point of this post which is . . .

What's the best or worst thing you've ever found in a kinder egg?

I need to get out more.
Sat 24/07/04 at 11:29
Regular
"I ush!"
A surprise, a toy, and some chocolate!

Despite really badly dubbed commercials I still on occasion buy kinder surprise despite being the wrong side of 25. Everyone knows at near fifty pence the damn things are a complete rip off but I still buy them. The thing is though. I peel away the foil. I demolish the chocolate in a matter of seconds. I pop open the yellow and orange (remember when they used to be all yellow? and when the orange half meant you'd got the crappy promotional model frog or hippo or whatever?) container that no doubt will later be used as an amusing projectile until on half gets lost behind the couch.

What do I find?

Well that's the surprise isn't it. No surprises that it'll be a few cheap pieces of plastic tat that go together to make a plane or a car or something, and that will then be placed in a draw or on a monitor to collect dust for a few weeks before it finally gets binned. That's no surprise. I like making the crappy little plastic models and I guess that's the whole point behind kinder surprise. It is for me at least.

That's why I find myself getting incredibly narked off when I pop open the plastic pod and find - A cardboard jigsaw.
I hate those jigsaws. You can tell as soon as you get the prize pod out of the chocolate that something is wrong. You squeeze the card stuffed pod and the over crammed thing is reluctant to open, like it was created to bring joyous plastic rubbish for you to make, but it has been soiled with cardboard jigsaw filth and now it doesn't want to see the pain of your face when you find out you've been robbed.

The plastic hippos and frogs aren't much better. I want something I can make, something I can transform from plastic rubbish into plastic rubbish cement truck.

It even happened at easter once. I got a giant kinder egg with a giant toy in it and what was it? A sylvester cuddley toy. Pants.
I swapped it for something better.

That kind of brings me round to the point of this post which is . . .

What's the best or worst thing you've ever found in a kinder egg?

I need to get out more.
Sat 24/07/04 at 11:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm gonna buy myself some today now, thanks for reminding me. I remember when the "surprise" was actually some sort of tiny, plastic Transformer, and you could spend all day playing with it. Now you get some crappy moulded turtle that is probably toxic - and you don't even get instructions with them!!!!!11
Sat 24/07/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Whenever I bought a Kinder Suprise egg, I became "Mr. Scientist", filling one half of the capsule with bicarbonate of soda and the other with vinegar. Put it together, shake lots, and throw down the street.

Skip.

Skip.

BOOM.
Sat 24/07/04 at 12:23
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Chipseh, you farking genius. I am compelled to try that.

I rarely used to buy Kinder Surprise, its one of those things that is completely crap, but everyone just seems to love for no apparant reason.
Sat 24/07/04 at 12:27
Regular
"Selected"
The best thing I found was a ready made model. It was a bank robber right, and he'd just robbed a bank - strange I know. Unbeknownst to him though, his swag bag (which he carried on his back) had split and you could see money falling out. The best bit was though, instead of having feet, he had a circular print/stamp thing with a money note design on it so when you moved him across paper, he'd drop money! It's harder to describe than see in action.

Many a night was spent on that creation, I dare not doubt.

But I gave it away though innit?

Oh, and I have a kinder plane model on top of my monitor right now
Sat 24/07/04 at 12:32
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Ashman wrote:
> Chipseh, you farking genius. I am compelled to try that.

Do try it, 'tis greatness.

A word of warning, though, don't get the stuff on you... it stinks.
Sat 24/07/04 at 19:18
Regular
"As an Englishman I crave dissapointment, that's why I buy Kinder Surprise; horrible chocolate, nasty little toy! A double whammy of disillusionment!"
Sat 24/07/04 at 19:42
"slightlyshortertagl"
The chocolate's nice.
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:54
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Kinder chocolate is great.. Im afraid is still buy them also.. and im 26 *hangs head in shame* Must admit when the kinder crocodiles came out i rushed to buy them.. However they are not as good as the eggs.. They toys are naff.. however i do remember when you used to get loads of little crocodiles and such like in a mini series.. Dare i say i still have them now...

I think i need to get out aswell..
Mon 26/07/04 at 19:06
Regular
"muhaha (Im laughing"
the best thing i eva got from a kinder surprise was this minature goal and ball. the goal had a movable keeper in it aswell. however now i only get those wolves on motorbikes, i have 4 on top of my stereo right now. yes i am that sad

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.