GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kinder Surprise"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/04 at 11:29
Regular
"I ush!"
A surprise, a toy, and some chocolate!

Despite really badly dubbed commercials I still on occasion buy kinder surprise despite being the wrong side of 25. Everyone knows at near fifty pence the damn things are a complete rip off but I still buy them. The thing is though. I peel away the foil. I demolish the chocolate in a matter of seconds. I pop open the yellow and orange (remember when they used to be all yellow? and when the orange half meant you'd got the crappy promotional model frog or hippo or whatever?) container that no doubt will later be used as an amusing projectile until on half gets lost behind the couch.

What do I find?

Well that's the surprise isn't it. No surprises that it'll be a few cheap pieces of plastic tat that go together to make a plane or a car or something, and that will then be placed in a draw or on a monitor to collect dust for a few weeks before it finally gets binned. That's no surprise. I like making the crappy little plastic models and I guess that's the whole point behind kinder surprise. It is for me at least.

That's why I find myself getting incredibly narked off when I pop open the plastic pod and find - A cardboard jigsaw.
I hate those jigsaws. You can tell as soon as you get the prize pod out of the chocolate that something is wrong. You squeeze the card stuffed pod and the over crammed thing is reluctant to open, like it was created to bring joyous plastic rubbish for you to make, but it has been soiled with cardboard jigsaw filth and now it doesn't want to see the pain of your face when you find out you've been robbed.

The plastic hippos and frogs aren't much better. I want something I can make, something I can transform from plastic rubbish into plastic rubbish cement truck.

It even happened at easter once. I got a giant kinder egg with a giant toy in it and what was it? A sylvester cuddley toy. Pants.
I swapped it for something better.

That kind of brings me round to the point of this post which is . . .

What's the best or worst thing you've ever found in a kinder egg?

I need to get out more.
Tue 03/08/04 at 12:01
"Was UW."
The 'Beunos' are okay. The Chocolate Egg and 'Surprise' is incredibly cheap crap, like Lidls, I suppose.
Mon 02/08/04 at 23:12
Regular
Who likes chocolate cake with cream. I do *put hands up* yummy
Mon 02/08/04 at 23:11
Regular
I use to collect kinder suprise (free toys) will that was back then. I still have these urge to buy one, but something tells me it wouldn't be great being seen. "Oh look a puzzle, yeppeh" I'm so happy now (just joking). Nowadays I'm into smarties, you have to love it or hate it, but I love it; it's just when eating too much it will make me puke. There something in these sweet or choc that makes you addicted like coke.
Sun 01/08/04 at 22:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I had some sort of deformed Kinder Surprise Pudding thing on holiday.
Sun 01/08/04 at 21:14
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
> 3) Buy a Kinder Egg with a debit card

Ahahahahahaha.

The look on the cashiers face is priceless.
Sun 01/08/04 at 21:05
Regular
Ineedsleep wrote:
> A Kinder egg? Never had one. Somehow I don't think I'm missing out
> :)
>
> and this was my 3.048 post.

I'm concerned over the decimal point, or at least, confused.

And we have small traditions when coming back from work:

1) If possible, steal a traffic cone
2) Visit Tesco
3) Buy a Kinder Egg with a debit card

Such simple enjoyments.
Sun 01/08/04 at 20:59
"possibly impossible"
Simon Says wrote:
>
> Are those things any good?

Only if you're about 6 years old...

..and come to think of it, it would be quite impressive for a 6 year old to get the thing working in the first place...
Sun 01/08/04 at 18:15
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
I love Kinder Surprise, it's so nice...
Wed 28/07/04 at 10:02
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
A Kinder egg? Never had one. Somehow I don't think I'm missing out :)

and this was my 3.048 post.
Wed 28/07/04 at 09:41
Regular
"I ush!"
pb wrote:
>
> Recently they included on-line suprises too, so you can get a
> surprise when you enter the enclosed code on the Kinder website.
>
> High-tech Kinder eggs, what next?!

Last time I tried that I was "surprised" that the damn thing didn't load up, and when I say surprised, I actually mean I had arrived at a disappointing but largely expected eventuality.

Are those things any good?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.