GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommend me some MP3 Players"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/04 at 09:49
Regular
"I love Dave music"
It's finally happened, after over 4 years of faithful service, my beautiful Technics MiniDisk deck appears to have given up :-( It is no longer recording anything at all! It appears to be a known problem with this particular deck (the SJ-HD501 if anyone's interested!)

Although I will be taking it down to see if it can be repaired, if it is gonna cost me a lot of money I think I will make the move to a MP3 player. So I thought I'd get some recommendations from you lovely people!

I listen to music on my portable MD all the time. Literally. It is probably on for an average of 4-5hrs a day! I have it on whenever I walk anywhere, when I'm studying, reading, running, etc.

So, I guess the things I need are:

Something with good battery life / spare batteries available
Large space (I don't really want a 128MB Flash player)
Good anti-shock (for my running)
Non-proprietary (e.g. not Sony!)
Under £10 (;-p)

Well, 4 out of 5 would do

Cheers in advance!

GL
Sat 24/07/04 at 10:48
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I apoligise, but you need something like the Mambo X, like mine, which is much cheaper, has an LCD screen and, quite frankly, is teh ro>
I get you link...

[URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG6166_mp3_player__sumvis.html[/URL]

Mines basically the same, only with less memory (mine is 128mb), and a different brand.

Get it, man.
Sat 24/07/04 at 10:38
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG6034_mp3_player__creati.html[/URL]

I've got the 128Mb version of this, and it's excellent. I only really use it as a USB drive now, because I'm always at a PC anyway, but I've used it for weeks before as a music player without running out of batteries. The 128Mb one holds about 35-40 songs depending on their length/filesize, s I'd imagine the 256Mb model holds about twice as much. Christ, I haven't used my MiniDisc player for years!
Sat 24/07/04 at 09:49
Regular
"I love Dave music"
It's finally happened, after over 4 years of faithful service, my beautiful Technics MiniDisk deck appears to have given up :-( It is no longer recording anything at all! It appears to be a known problem with this particular deck (the SJ-HD501 if anyone's interested!)

Although I will be taking it down to see if it can be repaired, if it is gonna cost me a lot of money I think I will make the move to a MP3 player. So I thought I'd get some recommendations from you lovely people!

I listen to music on my portable MD all the time. Literally. It is probably on for an average of 4-5hrs a day! I have it on whenever I walk anywhere, when I'm studying, reading, running, etc.

So, I guess the things I need are:

Something with good battery life / spare batteries available
Large space (I don't really want a 128MB Flash player)
Good anti-shock (for my running)
Non-proprietary (e.g. not Sony!)
Under £10 (;-p)

Well, 4 out of 5 would do

Cheers in advance!

GL

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.