GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A$$HOLES for neighbours - what can I do?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/07/04 at 19:45
Regular
Ever since we lived in our house our neighbours - or rather their children have annoyed us. Meaning they constantly play outside our house and hit our cars with their footballs and are generally noisy all day. Their is no rationalising with their parents as they think that this behaviour is acceptable. Is their any way to stop them from doing this? Council, anyone else? Please help, your comments are very valuable to me.
Fri 23/07/04 at 19:45
Regular
Ever since we lived in our house our neighbours - or rather their children have annoyed us. Meaning they constantly play outside our house and hit our cars with their footballs and are generally noisy all day. Their is no rationalising with their parents as they think that this behaviour is acceptable. Is their any way to stop them from doing this? Council, anyone else? Please help, your comments are very valuable to me.
Fri 23/07/04 at 19:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If they cause damage to your property, then obviously you can call the Police.

Other than that burn them, burn them all!!!! *runs off screaming onto the moors*
Fri 23/07/04 at 20:49
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Call the Police? *bursts out in laughter*

Unfortunately, what with living in 'Great' Britain you simply have to lump it, or move. If you so much as tap on of the kids on the shoulder you'll more than likely end up being the one the Police are interested in.

In fact I daresay the little s*ds could burn your house to the ground and not get much more than a severe telling off....
Fri 23/07/04 at 20:54
Regular
"8==="
Buy a big fierce dog that's mental and likes to jump fences/gates.

Then when it gets put down, and it will, buy another one.

Simple.
Fri 23/07/04 at 22:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You could try burning their house down first. Of course if it is joined to yours directly then you should take some preventative measures.
Fri 23/07/04 at 22:14
Regular
"Selected"
poison their water supply
Fri 23/07/04 at 23:30
Regular
There's only one cure, fire. And plenty of it.

How major is the problem?
Do they actually damage your car? If so, is it a nice car worth keeping in good condition, or the kind of thing where the odd knock doesn't matter so much?

If they're doing real damage to your property though.. well, the police won't do much, but if you're getting your cars fixed to repair the damage perhaps there's an avenue for you to bring a small claims civil action.
Maybe even the suggestion of that could make the parents do something about their kids - 'stop them or I sue!'
Hit 'em where it hurts, the nu.. um, wallet :^)

You may need some kind of video evidence of the damage, but a couple of reliable witnesses (neighbours?) to them causing damage would probably be sufficient for a civil matter.

If you decide you are serious about the civil action, I suggest seeing a lawyer.
It seems pretty pettie to get lawyers over, but as a vindictive tool they can be quite useful. And there's nothing wrong with using a vindictive tool against a.. vindictive tool :^)

You never know, you might even be able to get a restraining order or an anti-social behaviour order (you'd have to stretch the damage to property thing - do any neighbours have the same problem who may back you up?)

Alternatively, if you just want cheap revenge, sign them up to all the junk mail and crap offers you can find. List their car dirt cheap in autotrader or something similar (pay cash for placing the advert!) And at night put salt on their lawn to kill the grass. Try to spell stuff out in dead plant-life.

Personally, it sounds like these guys are retards who are mainly causing you a problem because they've got under your skin, rather than for the actual damage (I may be wrong, it's hard to tell).

If so, intelligent, untraceable revenge is a great idea. I bet it'll make you feel much better :^)

P.S. - I didn't tell you to do that stuff, right? ;^)
Fri 23/07/04 at 23:48
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
In my opinion, it depends on what they are actually doing, like whether they are delibrately out to be annoying or just playing, whether they are good kids or not and what kind of football or ball they use.

I've been in a similar situation before and it's best to be as reasonable as possible, unless the kids are unreasonable.

If something fairly major happens, take action but until then, just be polite as you can be.

That's my thoughts on it. Try to be friendly to them and they might respect you when you want them to stop for a bit.
Sat 24/07/04 at 09:02
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Mumbai Duck wrote:
> There's only one cure, fire. And plenty of it.

Oh... that's your cure for everything. :D
Sat 24/07/04 at 09:04
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
When I lived at home our neighbour and her kids were a pain in the butt. She was this woman who was so petty I wanted to smack her.

Her garden is like a jungle, and she is too lazy to cut it, therefore her kids can’t really play in the garden and there to young to be anywhere else. What she use to do is tell them to play in my mums garden. So they did.

They pulled up plants left rubbish in their and played in the mud. Basically wrecked it.

I went with her to try and reason with her and said…

Look if you want them to have fun and play safely without ruining other peoples property get of your lazy BLEEP and do something with your garden.

We had problems with her from the day she moved in and so I know there would be no way in hell nothing would get done if I was polite.

Anyway that day she rang her best mate up who she hadn’t seen for months. When she arrived she got her to sort put the back garden, Cut the grass clear the rubbish up. She just sat on the step and watched her do it.

So just go reason with the kids and there parents unless you have to take it that step further. It’s best to keep things on an even level.

After all they are kids, like my neighbours kids. They came in and wrecked are yard because they were told too by their evil mother. If she hadn’t have said it they wouldn’t have done it.

She always plays stupid little games im beginning to wonder if she has the mind of a child herself.

Neighbours ay!

Now I have moved out and got or own place I have a neighbour who is so gobby and shouts at her kid, day in day out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.