GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Weird Al Yankovic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/07/04 at 21:57
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heard "Gump" today. Never really paid much attention to Weird Al in the past, but this was genius.

I think went on to watch the MJ "I'm fat" parody. Also genius.

So, those of you that like him, what are his top 10 songs- either for comical value or because they actually sound good?
Thu 22/07/04 at 21:57
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Heard "Gump" today. Never really paid much attention to Weird Al in the past, but this was genius.

I think went on to watch the MJ "I'm fat" parody. Also genius.

So, those of you that like him, what are his top 10 songs- either for comical value or because they actually sound good?
Thu 22/07/04 at 22:13
Regular
"you've got a beard"
just get all you can find. it's all pretty much quality :)

"Angry White boy Polka" is a joy
Fri 23/07/04 at 08:02
"possibly impossible"
Best song is his original 'you don't love me anymore' You may have heard it as the Iron Brew song in the old adverts.

Then, possibly, the fan favorite Yoda (a parody of Lola), The Saga Begins (A Star Wars parody of American Pie) and Armish Paradise and all his Polka songs, one on each album.

Check out Yahoo Launch! [URL]http://search.launch.yahoo.com/search/lsearch/all?p=yankovic[/URL]
Fri 23/07/04 at 09:21
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I reccomend that you listen to Ugly Girl, Like A Surgeon, Genius In France, Yoda, The Beer Song, A Complicated Song, Smells Like Nirvana (A masterstroke), eBay and Which Backstreet Boy is Gay. When it comes to parodies and ridiculousness, Weird Al is your man.
Fri 23/07/04 at 10:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Woah, welcome to the early 90s!
Fri 23/07/04 at 13:07
"possibly impossible"
Der Nazi wrote:
> I reccomend that you listen to Ugly Girl, Like A Surgeon, Genius In
> France, Yoda, The Beer Song, A Complicated Song, Smells Like Nirvana
> (A masterstroke), eBay and Which Backstreet Boy is Gay. When it comes
> to parodies and ridiculousness, Weird Al is your man.

Though some of those aren't his (Beer song, Backstreet Boy etc), they are just put against his name on download sites.
Fri 23/07/04 at 13:09
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
monkey_man wrote:
> Woah, welcome to the early 90s!

Look at my music collection and you're in the 70s and 80s! =D

pb wrote:
> Though some of those aren't his (Beer song, Backstreet Boy etc), they
> are just put against his name on download sites.

So how come they're credited to him? Did he write, them, produce them or what?
Fri 23/07/04 at 13:27
"possibly impossible"
Some stupid people put his name against them when they added them to their MP3 collections. Most of them are by the 'Bob Rivers Group' another parody band that tends to do dirtier parodies that just aren't as good.

For a full list of non-Weird Al stuff that often gets mistaken for his, visit this site: [URL]http://www.com-www.com/weirdal/notbyal.html[/URL]
Fri 23/07/04 at 13:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
pb wrote:
> For a full list of non-Weird Al stuff that often gets mistaken for
> his, visit this site:
> [URL]http://www.com-www.com/weirdal/notbyal.html[/URL]

"I Like Big Butts
... This song is by an individual named "Sir Mix-A-Lot"."

What. A. Moron.
Sun 25/07/04 at 19:04
Regular
best weird al tune, by far = cats in the kettle

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.