GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic like?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Tue 08/02/05 at 22:56
Regular
"....."
I've just ordered it and have never played a Star Wars game before.

Any good?
Wed 09/02/05 at 13:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Gamespot say 'if you loved the first, you'll love this'

I'm sold.
Wed 09/02/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cycloon wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> I've seen good reviews.
>
> Damn you, you've got me worried.

Not bad reviews. It just introduces a few problems to the original game engine which hasn't changed for the better, with the added addition of some sloppy dialogue.

Not too much of a problem to be honest, but be aware that the framerate supposedly drops to single figures in heated battles.
Wed 09/02/05 at 13:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmmm.

I've seen good reviews.

Damn you, you've got me worried.
Wed 09/02/05 at 13:16
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cycloon wrote:
> It's fantastic - KOTORII is going to be humming in my Xbox very, very
> soon.

Heard bad things about it mind. Bioware no longer have the license, and the new game is apparently a bit lazy in storyline. Still, it apparently remains head and shoulders above the competition.
Wed 09/02/05 at 13:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's fantastic - KOTORII is going to be humming in my Xbox very, very soon.
Wed 09/02/05 at 11:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Loved the xbox version (haven't played the PC one). Nice and lengthy, not too beardy with stats etc.
And as said, has more Star Wars love and care than Lucas managed with the new movies.
2nd is out on Friday and that's a must buy
Wed 09/02/05 at 09:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Excellent lightweight RPG, with the added bonus of having more soul and love of Star Wars poured into it than the recent movie prequel abominations.

Combat is a little stinky, but the storyline more than makes up for it.

Light path gives you more side quests, dark path gives you an ending that got my evil overlord of the entire galaxy gland pulsing. ;)
Tue 08/02/05 at 23:17
Regular
"8==="
It's good for cheap.

I'd play it on top difficulty as on the normal difficulty it isn't a challenge at all.
Tue 08/02/05 at 23:14
Regular
"\\"
You shouldn't judge this with other Star Wars games. This is the only one that's actually good.

Good choice.
Tue 08/02/05 at 22:56
Regular
"....."
I've just ordered it and have never played a Star Wars game before.

Any good?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.