GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Women's Minister"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/07/04 at 23:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Eh?

There is one?

Patricia Hewitt, isn't it?

Er, why?

I demand a Mans minister, to er, um....defend our rights!
Wed 21/07/04 at 23:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Eh?

There is one?

Patricia Hewitt, isn't it?

Er, why?

I demand a Mans minister, to er, um....defend our rights!
Thu 22/07/04 at 14:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Can't have that because then that'd be sexist, however it's fine to have a women's minister for some reason.

Equal rights in practice, don't you just love it :-/
Thu 22/07/04 at 18:44
Regular
As far as positive discimination goes, I think this is a fairly minor 'offender'.

However, the way things are going, with growing inconsistencies in 'equality' and an increasing spotlight in 'positive discrimination' erroding mens' rights, I think a men's minister (and general body provinding counterbalance to the womens' rights movement) could be an important role.

If we don't have one (I remember hearing talk about getting one, but I don't know whether it happened. Probably not, I imagine it was a 5 minute Tory policy that evaporated when the headlines moved on..
Anyway, if we don't have one, it's probably about the time that one would be genuinely useful.
Fri 23/07/04 at 14:39
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
You have at least one in Europe.

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3912205.stm[/URL]

He's back tracked and said he was joking but I think a lot of small businesses would have heard what he said and privately agreed with him.
Fri 23/07/04 at 22:15
Regular
No no no.

The key problem with womens' rights is people getting greedy and trying to screw all they can get out of it, throwing equality out of the window.
Well, that and mistakes made over use of positive discrimination.

Sexist toshers like him, unless he genuinely didn't mean it (which I doubt) will just exaccebate the problem.

We need people of both sexes who are interested in working for genuine equality.
Not two sides trying to gain all the ground for 'their side' as they can manage.

I suppose when you look at it like that, true equality is never going to happen!
Sat 24/07/04 at 02:41
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
That is sad really but still in this day and age it is true. True equaliy will never happen between the sexes until the people who fight for it are agreeable to the fact that the sexes are not equal.

Sorry. I know that makes little sense (blame the vodka). The sexes past a certain point are not equal. They never will be while you are comparing brains to brawn. In the general way of things men are stronger.

Men are stronger, always were always will be, and can do certain things that women will not do as opposed to things that most women cannot do e.g. a women truck driver (I love them) cannot offload a consigment for me above a certain weight whereas the guys just lift it off and be done with it.

I just know I am going to read this tomorrrow and curse.
Sat 24/07/04 at 19:17
Regular
Ineedsleep wrote:
> (blame the vodka)

Yours or mine? :^)

> The sexes
> past a certain point are not equal. They never will be while you
> are comparing brains to brawn. In the general way of things men are
> stronger.

Hmm, I'm not sure about this. Certainly not the same, but not equal? I don't know, perhaps you're right, I just find it difficult to swallow.
I suppose when you accept differences, 'equality' becomes more subjective...

Still, even if you don't call them 'equal', everybody deserves an equal level of basic rights, male or female.

And blanket gender rules don't fairly reflect that most such differences are only generalisations.

I've seen enough Louis Theroux to know that there are a fair few women who can lift more than most men!
Mon 02/08/04 at 23:54
Regular
A woman Prime Minister will be good (Magareth Thatcher) probably the worst female prime minister. Ohh I forgot she's been the only one, lol..
I wonder a what will happen if we had one; no more wars for us to go to, she'll be wanting to built more shopping mall, etcs ( a load of sh't)
Mon 02/08/04 at 23:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I mentioned gender equality becoming more sexist against males in a Sociology tutorial last year.

The clas consisted of me, 11 females and a female lecturer.

Needless to say I didn't get much support.
Tue 03/08/04 at 00:19
Regular
you've must be very lucky that you have girls in your class, I didn't have one female in my class.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.