GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC8 - Betrayal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/07/04 at 17:17
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I've been working on this idea for a coupe of weeks now, and, finally, I get an excuse to use it.

The end poduct didn't end up like I thought it might have, and it is, in fact, quite weak in parts.

The link maybe a bit too weak for those of you without specific knowledge, but, oh well, we'll see.

The last line, also, reminds me of Forest Fans atrocious finalé. I may edit it, if I can better it but, seeing as it isn't often when I read over my work, that is unlikely.

Anyway, please enjoy and feedback is appreciated.

Matt

I watched you, tears in eyes, on that fateful day in early May, sobbing into your friends shoulders. I knew it was over, we all did. Pain streaming down my face, head in arms, I sat and thought about you. It was time to grow, change and go our separate ways. It's hard, but, if I concentrate hard enough, I can still remember you from when you were younger, when we were younger. Before this all happened. Before we were forced apart. I long for those days, now. Back then, we had no fears. We could take on anybody, any time with no worries whatsoever. Every weekend brought new possibilities, brought us closer together.

We were in love. Everyone wanted you. Half of the others would've killed to have you. But you were mine, clear for everyone to see, to the envy of everyone else. True, you had and still have your enemies, people who'll just never appreciate who you are, but, in essence, that's the beauty of you. You had such a mouth on you. Able to exploit any weakness, grate even the most hardened of them, you were never going to be welcomed everywhere you went. I heard the jeering, I cringed as they hurled abuse at you. Whenever you were home, where you belong, you were praised. A shining example of such pure, ruthless passion amongst the worthless, lazy apathetic attitudes of your peers, the kind of attitude that has swept the towns and cities of this land, which is why you were so unique. Strange, then, how you've turned out to be just like everyone else then, isn't it?

It was always bound to happen, though. Money makes the world go around, Money talks. It's only for so long that you can run off pure passion before you start to think of greener pastures, look for the easier route. Sure, there were hard times, but, where love is involved, it's for richer for poorer, through thick and through thin.Maybe you missed that part of the contract when you signed up, aye?

I was okay with you leaving. We've been going backwards for years, now. You needed to better yourself, enhance who you are. I could look over the unbearable pain and even admit, begrudgingly, that you were quite right to leave. If it was best for you and in my best interests, I accepted it was time to let you go. We had a goodbye party for you on a lukewarm summers day. You blessed us with your presence, showed flashes of why I, why everyone loved you and left us a present to remember you by. It was magical. We stayed late, sang your praises, said our last goodbyes. You were leaving home and we all knew it. Swamped with plaudits, with praise, you cried tears, honest tears of what could have been. Tears of hope, for me, at least. 'Maybe', I thought, 'We'll see each other again, someday soon. Maybe this is just see you soon?'. A few days, maybe weeks later I see you, snapshots of you flirting with the enemy. Everyone said you two were destined to be together. Rumours, dirty rumours I told myself.

Denial is a funny thing. Even now, sometimes, I just can't believe what's happened. We're apart, broken by money. All those times you said you were in love, now count for nothing. Actions speak louder than words, and your actions scream 'I LIED TO YOU'. Whilst you stand, smiling for those who we once mocked, those who we once plotted the downfall of, those who we were so close to conquering. They parade you like some kind of animal and you seem to love it. You feed them propaganda, the kind of things I used to lap up years ago, with glee and thought you were telling the truth. The fact is, you're nothing but a leech that sucked me, sucked us dry and left us out to die, alone in the cold, harsh light of day. It's over, now, but I'm scarred, painful from how it broke up, and what became of us. I beg for money whilst you go for honours. Love isn't supposed to be this way.

On the streets, there's a price on your head. People remember how you treated it, how you left at the first sign of trouble and they wait for your return with weapons, projectiles and song. Smile, Alan: you'll regret your actions the next time we cross paths.
Wed 04/08/04 at 01:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Nice one, came accross very emotional.

Liked the small bits of rhyming in it too.
Wed 28/07/04 at 22:45
Regular
"tokyo police club"
No, I meant about one of Forest Fans stories, which had quite a good atmosphere going, then ruined it on the very last line. I thought mine sounded the same.

My sentences, of late, have gotten huge. I can't help it much, though - when I write I tend to lose any rules or shackles as such. I'll try and tone it down a biut by SSC9, though.
Wed 28/07/04 at 22:22
Regular
"not dead"
See, your introduction confused me a little. When you said it was going to go a little Forset Fan, and you started to write about Betrayal, and a last meal, I thought it was going to somehow turn to being about 'the Last Supper'.

Didn't pick up on the Leeds Utd Alan Smith thing at all, but saying that, it's a well written piece about being left by someone. Very emotional.

I agree with Paradox about the long setences and commas, it was something I noticed particularly in the first couple of paragraphs. The short sentences work better for the snapshot thoughts and emotions coming straight out.
Sat 24/07/04 at 02:56
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Funny. I'm trying my best to spell and I think I'm doing okay.
Sat 24/07/04 at 02:55
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
My earmill has not produced of late. I am sad.
Sat 24/07/04 at 02:54
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Thinking of sleeping. It's very tempting but I was just checking my eamil.

[EDIT]

Why are you up. You are a working man now :)
Sat 24/07/04 at 02:52
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
What in the name of Alan Smith leaving Leeds and going to Man U are you doing up?
Sat 24/07/04 at 02:51
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Not a commie! Just a Yorkshire lass who hasn't supported Leeds for longer than you've been born :)
Fri 23/07/04 at 17:14
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Bah, you commie
Fri 23/07/04 at 14:19
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I don't know if I should laugh (he left you) or cry (he left you).

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.