GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I get Four Swords ????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures'.
Wed 09/02/05 at 22:25
Regular
"..."
Is it as good as the rest of the Zelda games ? And if not, is it at least an important game to buy ? And which Zelda game on the GBA is linked to it ?
Mon 14/02/05 at 16:42
Regular
"..."
Well, no and no. I have 2 GBA but only one brother. And my only 2 friends don't have GBA, and they don't even know that there is a video game called Zelda. In fact they don't even have GC, or any console of this generation. And they never even had N64 or any of the classic gameboys. So I guess I won't be getting it.
Mon 14/02/05 at 14:45
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Okay. Two questions. If you answer both 'yes' then get it.

1) Do you have any friends? You need friends to get the most out of this, although single player is fun.
2) Do all of your friends have GBAs and GC-GBA Link Cables? Let's hope so, because you need 4 of each for four player.

Btw, on saturday me and three of my friends had a round of four swords. We beat Ganon, which was cool, but I learnt something. Don't EVER play Four Swords with your best friends. If you do, you'll argue all the time and lose them. Seriously, everyone's yelling and screaming that they want any item that appears on screen. You need to work together though.
Fri 11/02/05 at 22:05
Regular
Oh no, it is just a really good fun Zelda title.

It has no real storyline, although areas from past Zelda games all show up as well as a few baddies too.

What I like about it rickoss is how it is Zelda simplified. No epic story, not expansive world to explore... just the simple Zelda "missions" or "levels", little classic Zelda events which you're asked to complete and move on from.

Like a solidified Zelda game, I'm not gonna declare it better than traditional Zelda titles but even a simplified Zelda game is a great Zelda game.

Expect a review shortly.
Fri 11/02/05 at 19:01
Regular
"..."
Ok, forget about whether it's a good game or not. What I need to know now is whether it is an important game in the Zelda series or not ? Let's put Metal Gear Solid as an example. Is Four Swords to the Zelda series what MGS2 Sons Of Liberty was to the MGS series, or is it what MGS2 Substance was to the MGS series, or is what MG Acid is to the MGS series ????
Fri 11/02/05 at 14:13
Regular
I'm sorry, but you have to pretty simple if you can say Four Swords single player is fantastic. :P

:D
Fri 11/02/05 at 14:12
Regular
That's just a mere collecting aspect of the game, it allows you, as a gamer, to progress through the title as if it were an adventure game as it is.
Fri 11/02/05 at 14:10
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> I love the game, and it is fantastic in single player which is what
> all the critics bar Rickoss says.

Fun but defeats the entire point of the game, so is ultimately crap.

"Wow, I'm having so much fun battling with myself to gain all of these stupid crystals!!!11"
Fri 11/02/05 at 13:06
Regular
"..."
Emitime wrote:
> Garrgh. MGS TS.

Cycloon wrote:
> The emotive music has gone too - replaced by that gash those idiots
> put in.
>
> How dare they ruin this avant garde masterpiece?
>
> Oh I forgot, I have no idea!

These are exactly my thoughts. I hated the bullet time, and the new acrobatic moves. The original MGS was far superior.
Wed 09/02/05 at 23:12
Regular
The legend of Zelda Four Swords is a fantastic game.

If you've already got Wind Waker definitly consider it, it's addictive, it's clever, is very Zelda but with a few new twists.

I love the game, and it is fantastic in single player which is what all the critics bar Rickoss says.
Wed 09/02/05 at 22:44
Regular
I heard a more beautiful game is "Doshin the Giant"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.