GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Liverpool need to do"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/07/04 at 23:41
Regular
I've been wondering if Liverpool stand a chance of winning the Premiership now that there's been a few changes. I mean, there's always an air of optimism when a new manager comes in. (Looks at Spurs - Jacques Santini and Sean Davies and suddenly it's time for the trophy to be won at White Hart Lane for another season. They're talking of Europe. Here's a tip boys, don't make any tackles. You'll get relegated, but still qualify for the UEFA through Fair Play. Seriously).

It's a bit different with the Pool though, right? All this fuss about £24 million for Didier Drogba and Liverpool have bagged a younger, more internationally experienced striker who's consistently outscored Drogba in the French League for almost half that. You see Real Madrid making any offers for Drogba? No, they've got Raul and Ronaldo, of course. Yet they felt compelled to try and prise Cisse away from Auxerre when he'd given his word to Liverpool. But Djibril's a man of his word, good lad. So we've got him up front. And England's best striker isn't on the blue side of the Mersey. Michael Owen is faster and more clinical than Rooney. He doesn't try and bundle every shot in with a piledriver. He has finesse. He can also control his weight. He doesn't sulk when he gets subbed. He's a better striker. It's a strike partnership equal to Henry and Berkhamp, if you ask me. As for United, Saha wouldn't even have got in the French squad if Cisse hadn't been banned. Alan Smith? Mikey outclasses him in every way. Van Nistelrooy wouldn't score nearly as many if the ref spotted all his 'gamesmanship'. Liverpool are looking good up front. And it's not bad to have the Golden Boot winner sitting in the bench, telling Diao how Karel Poborsky can drink with the best of them.

In net, I'm not sure Dudek, our first choice, is the equal of Howard or Cudicini. But Chris Kirkland is the future England No 1. If he stops injuring his wrist through too much exposure to Stevie's wife, then he'll peform.

I also reckon Sami is one of the best defenders in the Premiership. Stevie Finnan and Riise are superb attacking full-backs. Riise in particular has, I believe, the best scoring ratio for any full-back playing in Britain (correct me if I'm wrong here).

I don't really need to say much about Stevie. Gerrard is better than Viera. And he's loyal, look at Chelsea throwing lots of rubels at him. He's Scouse, through and through, although I reckon it was Carragher sneakily sending those death threats because he needed a drinking buddy and Mikey's mum still doesn't let him out after 9, and Harry Kewell is always diving on the way down to the local.

Can we win the Premiership? No, unfortunately. I've got a lot of respect for Jamie Carragher, but we need a better partner for Sami than him. The midfield needs bolstering too. Didi Hamann would be better limping off back to Bayern Munich while anyone still wants him, and Kewell's too unpredictable. It looks like a good midfield, sure, but another good signing is needed. Benitez needs to do a Mourinho and start nicking players from his old club. Ayala would do the job nicely.

But then again, who knows? If Ant prays nice and hard, Kewell might remember that he was quite good at Elland Road, and then we've got a brilliant attacking winger. If Stevie can replicate last season's form with Cisse and Mikey up front, if Hamann realises that he can still tackle, if Diouf is never ever played, then we've could break into the top 3.

I certainly wouldn't shed a tear for Roy Keane getting munched by Stevie, or Cisse nutmegging Campbell on the way to a hatrick. Could happen...

Anyone got any thoughts bout Liverpool's chances?
Fri 23/07/04 at 12:15
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
dont rastafarian dudes remind you of abel "also stupid hair" xavier

no? ah well just me then
Fri 23/07/04 at 12:13
Regular
That's just about bad enough for Lineker to use it. I'm expecting RASTA BENITEZ if any Liverpool player fails a drug test.
Fri 23/07/04 at 12:08
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
heh vieieieieiera wont leave all his french buddies. also if you keep taunting your manager you will surely face his Raf...a

*silence*

you can tell i made that up myself... and lineker will use it this seanson
Fri 23/07/04 at 12:05
Regular
Maniche update [URL]http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1144375,00.html[/URL]

"Meanwhile, Arsenal have been linked with a move for Portugal's Euro 2004 star Maniche as a replacement for Vieira should he leave for Spain.

Maniche was arguably Portugal's best player at Euro 2004 and his performances have not gone unnoticed.

Wenger is thought to rate the Porto man very highly and sees him as the ideal candidate to fill the void should Vieira leave Highbury."

NOOOOO! Benitez, stop poncing about with some AC Milan reserve defender and high-tail it over to Porto before Viera leaves and sign The Maniche. Please?
Fri 23/07/04 at 12:01
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
yes now that i read all the words and not just a select few, i see u said that. yes maniche is indeed a legend with a stolen name... and silly hair
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:57
Regular
I know he's not a defender, that's why I called him a midfielder. It's all in the language, y'see. And as for him not being good at tackling, he was joint-defensive midfielder for Porto and Portugal, and they haven't done too badly recently. If a defensive midfielder can score the sort of goals that got Porto through their quarter final, or Goal of the Tournament, or the goal that got them through the group stages, then that's a defensive midfielder I want next to Stevie.
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:52
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
you say scrambled, but he was snapped uup kwik. maniche is a dmc not a defender, coz in defence he cant run and shoot as much, also his tackilng cud b improved
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:50
Regular
I'm less worried about a central defender. We need a good all-round midfielder to replace Didi Hamann. He's just not got what it takes anymore. For me, Real Madrid have dropped their interest in Maniche. Why not go for him? It astounds me that the big clubs scrambled over Deco when the star performer for Portugal was Maniche.
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:41
Regular
"Green & White Army"
It appears Mexes has joined Roma as he scored for them in a pre-season last night.Apparently from several sources we are trying to get Fabricio Coloccini from AC Milan as Ayala looks to be staying put.
Wed 21/07/04 at 18:24
Regular
Of course he is. Sami believes himself to be the entire Finland team :)

I'm not having anyone called Ledley in my team. What Rafa needs to do is go pick up Mexes with Djibril in tow to 'convince' him, then sign Maniche from Porto on the way back, then settle down with a cigar and send Carragher out for the paper.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.