GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gothic - Is your child or yourself a Goth?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/07/04 at 22:07
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your child may have gone astray from the Lord.

Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil, darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling, prayer, and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

-Frequently wears black clothing.
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.
-Is suicidal and/or depressed.
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Is excessively awake during the night.
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
-Spends large amounts of time alone.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.
-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.
-Eats excessively or too little.
-Eats goth-related foods. Weetos cereal is an example of this.
-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)
-Watches sky television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.
-Expresses an interest in sex.
-M'sturbates
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
-Claims to be a goth.

If twenty or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.

Thank you....
Tue 20/07/04 at 22:31
Regular
"Bicycle"
Goatboy...

Leave me alone.

I was kiiiinda joking.

(Ah, remind me to make jokes with obvious punchlines rather than irony or sarcasm.)
Tue 20/07/04 at 22:10
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Such blatant lies.
Tue 20/07/04 at 22:04
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Rasmus is sooo cool.
Tue 20/07/04 at 17:37
Regular
The Rasmus is a complete joke though, I doubt many normal people take them seriously. ;-)
Tue 20/07/04 at 17:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I know, but it's that pious attitude they swan around with that makes me snigger into my fist. Each to their own, but good luck pulling when you resemble Robert Smith without the talent.
That's why most Goths are pasty fat chicks and rake-thin fops - that's the best they can do.

So have many little Goth babies and read them Anne Rice books at bedtime before retiring to the study and yearning for a full moon (and friends that don't smoke rollups kept in a tin with a picture of a wizard on)
Tue 20/07/04 at 17:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The funniest Gothic sighting I've made lately is that "The Rasmus" video, where it looks like some kind of Victorian tea party. It's hilarious. And yeah, there's not such thing as Gothics in this century, or the 17 centuries before it. It's a label, same as we called people "Townies" just because they hang about in the town centres a lot.
Tue 20/07/04 at 17:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Coin wrote:
Anyway, what's wrong with being
> a goth? Surely how you dress is not what defines you, or who you
> associate with, but what actions you take or what you feel?
----------

It's that level of irony that makes me chuckle, especially when I see "alternatives" sneering at others.
If how you dress is not what defines you or who you associate with - as so many 'alternative' genres scream, why all dress the same?
You think it's individual to look like every other miserable angsty, Bell Jar-waving mope?
Surely you can percieve the irony in that.
"Look at the normal people, what sheep" - whilst all wearing fishnet/black/velvet coats etc etc.

I've got nothing against Goths personally, if you saw me 10 years ago with long hair, leather jackets, Deicide t-shirts and skull rings you'd lump me in with whatever the latest term is for somebody into death/thrash/metal.
But I grew up, stopped convincing myself that the world's end coincided with my arrival into adolescence and realised that I looked bloody stupid.

But hey, dress like an extra from Blackadder 2 and keep telling yourself you're an individual.
If it's not about appearance and surface perception, why go to such lengths to mark yourself as belonging to a particular tribe?
Tue 20/07/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Bicycle"
See, me, I go around in a Zoo York jumper, either a zero or quiksilver T (sometimes Nirvana, if I'm feeling yellow), and some nice Siesta jeanish type trows. Except they're blue and not made of denim. But I know nothing of cloth, so I don't know what they're made of. Intriguing.

Now that's individual.

Or 'skater'. But they suck too, because they all think they're so amazing.
Tue 20/07/04 at 12:32
"I love yo... lamp."
I know Metallica are not a goth band, but it was in keeping with the preachy tone of the post. Metal = bad, gospel played on harps = good.

Anyway, what is wrong with being a goth? Well the answer really is nothing. What does annoy me about them is how certain ones seem to think that because they wear a lot of black leather then they have a divine right to have far worse lives with far more problems than anyone else. "We have issues blah blah".

The other thing that annoys me is how so many people become goths "to be different". "We're individuals not lemming-like neds", which is of course why you became part of a rather bland and annonymous sub culture isn't it.
Tue 20/07/04 at 12:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Normality is false man. B urself + b individual, cos u are speshul. jus fight 4 wat u beleeve.

Disgusting mongtards. (Not goths, the mongs who profess such corporate teen ideology and flout about in their latest clothes and fashions).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.