GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Everquest 2 free trial"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Everquest 2'.
Thu 10/02/05 at 17:42
Regular
Is available now if you're interested.

Conveniently released as WoW struts through the door too...
Wed 02/03/05 at 07:26
Regular
/head

if only...

EDIT - NOT by some spotty pizza delivery boy though! :P
Tue 01/03/05 at 15:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Most lazy command ever.
Tue 01/03/05 at 13:16
Ah, but you can't get pizza with WoW.

/pizza
Tue 01/03/05 at 07:19
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Huge range of customisation options for each of your characters.
> Interesting quests.
> Voice acting NPCs (still quite a rarity for online rpgs).
> Instanced zones for quests (you go in, nobody else can go in with
> you).

Sounds pretty much like World of Warcraft, with those above points.

Still, I think I'll stick with WoW.
Mon 28/02/05 at 05:11
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I tried the EQ2 trial but didn't really like the gameplay. There were some good things about it:

Huge range of customisation options for each of your characters.
Interesting quests.
Voice acting NPCs (still quite a rarity for online rpgs).
Instanced zones for quests (you go in, nobody else can go in with you).

The bad things were basically that the gameplay hasn't developed much from the original EQ on the PS2, "same game, different locations", and it's heavily dependent on farming for income, meaning that you can skip 90% of the game using a credit card. Despite the tutorial it's not an easy game to pick up and play, especially when you seem to start with such a limited inventory space.

If I get that impression from the trial then it puts me off the full version. Guess I'm spoilt by having played FFXI which, to me, has taken all of the bad things from all the other rpgs out there and fixed them in one fell swoop.
Sat 26/02/05 at 22:01
Regular
Apparently you can only go on one small island and you can't get past lvl 6.

Hurrah!
Sat 26/02/05 at 17:57
Regular
Might give it a shot, but can't see it taking WoW's place.
Sat 26/02/05 at 17:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I had a look at the EQII Trial of the Isle on fileplanet earlier today, you don't need to subscribe anymore to get the download, so help yourselves. (1.7GB download).

The blurb:

"Introducing the first FREE trial of EverQuest II - Trial of the Isle! Join thousands of others online to experience the wonders of the lands of EverQuest II. Create up to four characters to play through the tutorial and the Island of Refuge. No rush because you'll be able to play until June 1, 2006! That gives plenty of time to try different races and classes to find what suits you best."
Mon 21/02/05 at 15:51
[URL]http://everquest2.station.sony.com/pizza/[/URL]

[URL]http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2005-02-21[/URL]
Sun 20/02/05 at 15:59
"For the horde!!!!"
No doubt there will be about three expansions out for it this time next year, good old SOE.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.