GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP- import"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/02/05 at 18:54
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Was thinking of importing a PSP, is it region locked? Where would you advise? What sort of price? etc.
Thu 10/02/05 at 18:54
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Was thinking of importing a PSP, is it region locked? Where would you advise? What sort of price? etc.
Thu 10/02/05 at 18:59
Regular
Foszy wrote:
> Was thinking of importing a PSP,

Good idea.

> is it region locked?

For games? No.
For movies? Yes.

> Where would you advise? What sort of price? etc.

Importmadness.com. free FedEx 2 day shipping with purchase of Airmail, and cheapest prices at the moment.

I preordered my US PSP Value Pack with 3 games and a car charger/battery pack/UMD cases pack all for £250 plus postage.
Also, the first Million US PSPs come with a free UMD version of spider-Man 2 the Movie.
Thu 10/02/05 at 19:05
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Sounds good, one thing which slighlty worries me is the movie thing, as i do watch a lot of films. Will there be a region unlock thing do you think or know?
Thu 10/02/05 at 19:10
Regular
"ProGolfer"
It says the american one is not out yet? So you dont actually have it yet?
Thu 10/02/05 at 19:16
"period drama"
Don't forget you'll need to buy a voltage + socket converter so you can charge it over here on UK plugs.
Thu 10/02/05 at 19:47
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Foszy wrote:
> Sounds good, one thing which slighlty worries me is the movie thing,
> as i do watch a lot of films. Will there be a region unlock thing do
> you think or know?

Yes, Sony have confirmed that the movies will be region locked on UMD, but the Games will be Region free.
Thu 10/02/05 at 19:49
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Foszy wrote:
> It says the american one is not out yet? So you dont actually have it
> yet?

No, the US version are all under Pre-Order! If you want one order a US version quickly as it does get you- as pointed out- a free UMD Movie of Spider Man 2.
Thu 10/02/05 at 20:07
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Don't forget you'll need to buy a voltage + socket converter so you
> can charge it over here on UK plugs.

Luckily sony have included a universal charger for all PSPs. you just need a figure8 lead to plug into it and you'll be fine.

And everyone has a figure8 plug somewhere around the house!
Thu 10/02/05 at 20:08
"period drama"
Well, ain't that nice of 'em?
Thu 10/02/05 at 20:09
Regular
Foszy wrote:
> Sounds good, one thing which slighlty worries me is the movie thing,
> as i do watch a lot of films. Will there be a region unlock thing do
> you think or know?

Obviously you won't be able to buy a UK UMD movie, but I think it's safe to bet that US releases will be much more desirable and will come out sooner, like DVDs. There's loads of Import companies around, and eBay, which means importing US UMDs isn't a problem at all.

I don't know about a Region-free device, but I'd imagine someone, somewhere will be working on one - or at least plan to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.