GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaining in popularity- Nintendo DS Euro launch!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/02/05 at 19:39
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Seems that for once Nintendo is getting it right.

Nintendo DS is everywhere!
All the high street shops are marketing it big time and talk on the street is that the pre-orders are pretty high!
But it seems that not only here in Europe that Interest in the DS remains sky high, but in Japan and the US It is still EXTREMELY popular!
There is already a great total of 3 MILLION DS's worldwide sold, which means when it hits Europe the numbers are bound to rise to just over 4 Million!
Could there be a sell out of the systems? It wouldn't surprise me! Consider the fact that America sold out of their allocation due to high demand and Japan went DS crazy and took up all pre orders, as well as near all of the allocated systems.
So If you haven't pre-ordered now, get going! SR have even a good scheme going- pre-order a DS pack and get £4 off an extra game which costs £28 or if you went for Polarium in that deal it would mean getting it at a bargain £15!!

Which brings me onto the games.
So then, from the top games at launch which would you choose?
I know I would have Polarium, Project Rub, Wario Ware and Zoo Keeper.... I do already have a DS and Mario, so naturally I'd like to add these to the collection. I couldn't be bothered importing the US versions, I think I will just sit it out and wait.
Thu 10/02/05 at 21:17
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Oh, and there are test units.

In the Gamestation in Manchester, there is one running a demo version of Wario Ware - touched.

Nice.
Thu 10/02/05 at 19:39
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Seems that for once Nintendo is getting it right.

Nintendo DS is everywhere!
All the high street shops are marketing it big time and talk on the street is that the pre-orders are pretty high!
But it seems that not only here in Europe that Interest in the DS remains sky high, but in Japan and the US It is still EXTREMELY popular!
There is already a great total of 3 MILLION DS's worldwide sold, which means when it hits Europe the numbers are bound to rise to just over 4 Million!
Could there be a sell out of the systems? It wouldn't surprise me! Consider the fact that America sold out of their allocation due to high demand and Japan went DS crazy and took up all pre orders, as well as near all of the allocated systems.
So If you haven't pre-ordered now, get going! SR have even a good scheme going- pre-order a DS pack and get £4 off an extra game which costs £28 or if you went for Polarium in that deal it would mean getting it at a bargain £15!!

Which brings me onto the games.
So then, from the top games at launch which would you choose?
I know I would have Polarium, Project Rub, Wario Ware and Zoo Keeper.... I do already have a DS and Mario, so naturally I'd like to add these to the collection. I couldn't be bothered importing the US versions, I think I will just sit it out and wait.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.