GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Queke 3 Revolution"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/04/01 at 12:43
Regular
Does anyone actually own this game on the ps2?? I was thinking of getting it, partly because it's had great reviews and partly because I don't have it on the PC.
I was just wondering of it's as good as the reviews say?
Fri 27/04/01 at 16:59
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
ssxpro wrote:
> TimeSplitters + Multi Tap 2 = Masterpiece!

Or you could have

Quake 3 + Multi Tap 2 = Masterpiece!
Fri 27/04/01 at 17:09
Van Gogh + Paint + Canvas = masterpiece

Er, I think I'm on the wrong forum......
Fri 27/04/01 at 18:12
Regular
"Melliflous Wanderer"
If you have not got a PC capable of running it then get for the PS2. If you have the PC you can not beat the keyboard and mouse combination.

Dual shocks good but you just dont seem to have the precise control.
Fri 27/04/01 at 18:55
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
You have to get Unreal Tournament on the pc. Nothing beats the online game.
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:04
Regular
I still have to go with TimeSplitters.
I don`t agre with the comment about Quake 3 and a multitap being a masterpiece.

The king of Multiplayer on PS2 is TimeSplitters. Its only let down was te lack of depth in one player. Unreal Tournament is the other way around, and Quake 3 is a more balanced version.
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:15
Regular
"Whatever!"
I want to get Quake III Revolution on PS2 but I already have Quake III Arena on DC - Im not sure if I would be buying the same game twice - I know they have many differences but do they differ enough??
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:17
Regular
I am told the differences are great, however, I`d recommend renting a copy first, or something like that to make absolutely sure.

Also, do you have TimeSplitters or UT? If so, Quake 3 might not be worth it.
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:25
Regular
"Whatever!"
I do have Timesplitters!! An excellent game, and Quake III will have to be something special to better it!! I may just wait till Red Faction is out!!
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:49
Regular
mattyboy wrote:
> I do have Timesplitters!! An excellent game, and Quake III will have
> to be something special to better it!! I may just wait till Red
> Faction is out!!

A good plan. Red Faction should stand out as the best FPS on PS2, though it may not beat TimeSplitters on Multiplayer. However, it should be better than Quake 3 on one player. I recommend you wait for Red Faction. I`m going to wait, I really don`t want too many FPSs.
Mon 30/04/01 at 10:21
MB - Have you got Half Life on the Dreamcast? You could potentially wait for the PS2 version, but it's an excellent game whatever....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.