GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Queke 3 Revolution"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/04/01 at 12:43
Regular
Does anyone actually own this game on the ps2?? I was thinking of getting it, partly because it's had great reviews and partly because I don't have it on the PC.
I was just wondering of it's as good as the reviews say?
Sun 06/05/01 at 20:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
ssxpro wrote:
> Hi there Turbonutter! Long time no see or e-mail! How`s it going?

Wow, hi there. It's good to be remembered. Hows SSX coming? I've still got loads of tips if you want them, but I thought you'd lost interest
Sun 06/05/01 at 12:07
Regular
Hi there Turbonutter! Long time no see or e-mail! How`s it going?
Sun 06/05/01 at 12:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The controls are the same as Timesplitters, but there are a few differances. I would recommend Legacy controls. Anyone who has played TS should feel right at home.

On a more advanced level, you get a crosshair which really helps, and the controls can be configured for a faster turn rate and sensitivity. The graphics are faster, but there are only max 6 people at a time 1-2 player, 4 people 3-4 player. Most bullets don't have a tracer, but there are lots of gibs and gore.

The levels are larger and more involved, and have v. good design, and the bots are far better than Timesplitter's. Also there is a jump button, and zoom on all weapoms, but is only really useful with the rail gun.

There are not as many weapons, but there are enough to feel good. This games has obviousley been honed to a fine art.

Overall, Q3R is better than TS because it lasts much longer, and the game feels, well, more fun. It's also probably better than Q3A on the PC, and the graphics are a little better.

Quake 3 Revolution is just about the best game on the PS2 at the mo, followed by SSX, then Starfighter, the Timesplitters

-Robin
Sat 05/05/01 at 14:06
Regular
"Whatever!"
The controls are the same as Timesplitters - The reason I find it difficult though is everything moves so fast you dont have time to stop and aim, even the inclusion of the zoom view seems irrelavent as by the time you use it you will probably have been shot!! Still it is a fantastic game though!!
Sat 05/05/01 at 10:03
Excellent!

BTW, I played Quake III on the Dreamcast - it's hopeless without a keyboard & mouse.

The DualShock2 has a good design.
Fri 04/05/01 at 22:18
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have not played the game but the magazines say that its exactly the same as Timesplitters so it should be easy to control if you are use to Timesplitters.
Fri 04/05/01 at 20:26
Tell me - is Quake III controls as easy as TimeSplitters?
Fri 04/05/01 at 19:25
Regular
"Whatever!"
Quake III on PS2 - One of the finest games yet - A couple of down points being it does take an age to load and playing with a controler is difficult to get the hang of but it is every bit as good as the PC + DC versions with as mentioned much more to the single player mode!!
Tue 01/05/01 at 10:35
I can't say I keep up to date on the DC (as I don't have one). But I'm surprised Half Life still isn't out yet, I saw it advertised ages ago! Oh well - learn something new every day...

Red Faction may well be out before Half Life on the PS2, but it will still be worth getting - it's one of the best games out there.
Mon 30/04/01 at 18:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
I forgot about Half Life coming to PS2!! I was going to get it for DC but it still isnt out yet so by the way things are going the PS2 version could well be out first!! Ive never played the PC version so this is one game I look forward to!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.