GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"how censored is ichi?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/07/04 at 19:33
Regular
is the uk version of ichi the killer censored? I just want to know because I've heard that the cut version is crap. And I'm thinking of getting it in that recently released boxset
Sat 17/07/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Hmm I'm not convinced that a Japanese version would be uncut as for some things they are actually stricter on what can/cannot be shown - make sure the info you are being given is about Ichi the film and not Ichi the anime.
Sat 17/07/04 at 17:58
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
green ferocity wrote:
> can anyone give me a list of
> which japanese dvds are cut and which are uncut.

not quite a list, but 'Visitor Q' is cut by almost 10 minutes, its one seriously messed-up film.
Sat 17/07/04 at 12:32
Regular
"everyone says it"
As Tilta said.

Dutch version - completely uncut including the full rape scene. I'm quite content with my Region 2 version. I don't care for the full uncut thing (I've seen it at a mates house).

Not too nice. :)
Sat 17/07/04 at 12:11
Regular
Just go on the BBFC website and type in the names of the films you're intrested in. It'll give you the information on how badly the films are cut, though be aware that some distriubutors submit their films to the BBFC with some cuts already made to them.
Sat 17/07/04 at 09:03
Regular
But I did read in a review that if you haven't seen the uncut version anyway, you wont know what you are missing. But then again another reviewer said it made for a completely different movie. :s
Sat 17/07/04 at 09:01
Regular
oh i didnt know that! Just to be safe,can anyone give me a list of which japanese dvds are cut and which are uncut.
Sat 17/07/04 at 00:04
Regular
The Dutch version is the full uncut version, it's Region 0 PAL so should work on your Xbox.
Fri 16/07/04 at 22:05
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
I saw a review of it in Metal Hammer, they said that a lot of the film had been cut in the UK and US versions and that the only way to see it totally uncensored was to somehow get hold of the original Japenese version.
Fri 16/07/04 at 21:39
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Avoid anything Region 3 or with the R3 cover as that too is heavily censored according to reviews.
Fri 16/07/04 at 21:12
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
come to think of it anyone know what the US version is like??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.