GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX Problems-HELP!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/07/04 at 09:43
Regular
"LPXbox"
alrite guys.
Problems with the Box, wondering if any1 can help me out.
Half my games have suddenly stop playing, the Box wont read / recognise them. Discs are all conpletly fine (no scratches etc).
Called up xbox helpline, they say it'l be £70 for a service - anyway i can do this without sending it? If so where are the screws to open it!! lol.

Cheers peeps.

Luke
Fri 16/07/04 at 10:31
Regular
"LPXbox"
Halo 2, good point, say no more! lol
Fri 16/07/04 at 10:16
Regular
Definitely. If you're unsure, just whack a 2 Month trial into the setup. They come with most new games.

That way you can see for yourself if it's what you want, rather than buying into a 12-Month subscription.

Personally I'd go straight into it and buy the starter kit - but it isn't for everyone so you may want to trial it first...

Also, Halo 2 is out soon. need I say more?
Fri 16/07/04 at 10:11
Regular
"LPXbox"
Yeh same here Bullet! lol
So is the Xbox Live worth a try?!"?
Fri 16/07/04 at 10:10
Regular
Why haven't you gone away yet?
Fri 16/07/04 at 10:09
Regular
"i am the b#tch"
why havn't you put this in the xbox forum
Fri 16/07/04 at 10:09
Regular
No probs, obviously there's still some cost involved, but nowhere near as much as £70 - that's extortionate, especially since you have to send your Xbox away and be without it for a number of weeks!

Need any more help, ask away. I'm usually on here every weekday (I should be working!).
Fri 16/07/04 at 10:06
Regular
"LPXbox"
Thats why i came on here Kevstar - wouldnt have minded avoiding the£70 cost of reparing - becuase mines not under warrenty anymore.
Cheers 4 the help from BULLET - wat a geeza!
Fri 16/07/04 at 09:59
Regular
The thing is, Microsoft use 3 Drive manufacturers in their Xbox's. Depending on where the unit was built, you will either get a Thomson, Philips or Samsung drive.

Thomson are crap - notorious for breaking down. Philips are quite decent, but Samsung are by far the best drives. They play all media, are faster and also quieter.
Fri 16/07/04 at 09:57
Regular
"Don't let me down"
I had a problem with the same thing, some games worked whilst others didn't. I phoned the x box problem line (in your x box manual under troubeshooting) and arranged for them to pick it up as it was still under garantee(excuse spelling) at no cost. They took it away for testing and as Bullet man says it was the dvd drive. What worries me is I know numerous people who have had the same problem, and one of my mates has had the problem twice! This to me sounds like the dvd drive is of a poor standard, and is also something im'e very concerned about having just had mine fixed. It takes about a weewk in total to get your x box back fully working.
Fri 16/07/04 at 09:55
Regular
you're welcome :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.