GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-Man 2"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/07/04 at 00:12
Regular
*Holds her ticket...ok not a ticket but the credit card she used on movietickets.com to buy a ticket*

Oooo!!
Mon 19/07/04 at 23:27
Regular
"A Ghost Of You"
I saw Spider-man 2 today, thought it was good, though the original is better.

SPOILERS!

Good movie, pity Doc Ock wasn't in it for long enough, seemed to focus on Peter fighting his personal demons. The third could be great, but it depends on the villian...

Harry Osbourne as the next Green Goblin could be good, but then it would be basically recycling Spidey One.

I wouldn't look forward to seeing the Lizard in number three, he wouldn't have a decent story (All I've came up with is mad lizard goes on rampage, Spidey saves day).

And since there was no reference to Venom (Brock) or even Cletus Cassidy (Carnage) in the movie, it seems unlikely they'll be the villians.

All in all, good movie, but not enough Spider-man in it.
Mon 19/07/04 at 23:24
Regular
I think Toby is perfect for the role.
Mon 19/07/04 at 23:21
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
There is only the one bit where he looks uber geeky, thats the bit with the skipping and stuff. I thought it was amusing though.
Mon 19/07/04 at 23:19
Regular
I really want to argue, but I've given up arguing with you now that Mikey Owen has united us.

Mikey could play Peter Parker. He's got the skills.
Mon 19/07/04 at 23:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
Lol Memo...

But okay yes he's supposed to be geeky, but half the film was jus watching him looking all geeky, wide-eyed and confused...and it made me just want to punch, punch and punch.

On perhaps a more serious note, the film wasn't good enough to make me care about any of the characters...except Green Goblin's son. He was kewl.
Mon 19/07/04 at 23:15
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Ant wrote:
> I'm sure he's a fine looking lad in
> real life...

Mon 19/07/04 at 23:14
Regular
What? He's great in the role. You said it yourself - he's supposed to be a geek. You can't have a stereotypically good-looking person playing Peter, otherwise they'd never pull off the Physics-pushes-all-my-buttons attitude.
Mon 19/07/04 at 23:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hmm, I saw Spider-Man 2 the other night.

And to be honest I didn't think it was that bad as a piece of cinema...well made, some nice effects and the bad guy(s) are pretty kewl.

But I could never really enjoy most of this film, and that's because a lot of the film was just Tobey McGuire (sp?) poncing around looking like a total geek. And it just wasn't right that it was him underneath that cool outfit!

Spider-Man = Cool

Tobey McGuire = Not Cool

Tobey McGuire belongs in bloody Barney and Friends, not Spider-Man.

By the end of the movie I was sick of the sight of his wide-eyed, constantly confused geeky mug. I'm sure he's a fine looking lad in real life...so maybe it's Peter Parker I have the problem with.

But it should be the Green Goblin dude's son (the fact that I can't remember his name shows how interested I was) who plays Spider-Man because he's cool!

I know Peter Parker is supposed to be a bit geeky, but aaahhh...I shouldn't find him so annoying. Especially that bit in the middle (no spoilers lol) when he makes that important 'decision' that he later goes back on...when he's walking in the street and that girl checks him out...she would never check him out! He was walking around like a reject from some sort of 70s convention!

I'd have Affleck or Arnold over Tobey any day. Hell, I'd have Steven Seagal over him.

Grrrrr.
Mon 19/07/04 at 23:07
Regular
You can't beat those cartoons. There was one ep where Peter and MJ just missed the boat for the honeymoon, so Spidey leaps aboard, cartoon style, in front of all the fellow honeymooners....Tuttut, that's no way to keep up a secret identity.
Mon 19/07/04 at 22:45
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Eddie Brock, I'm fairly sure his name was. Just some random guy, I
> think, that the alien transferred to when Spider-Man (ta-daa) managed
> to get rid of it.

Ah, I knew there was a name that began with B in there somewhere!

As for the friend bit, meh. I saw it in a cartoon where they were acting all pally in front of MJ then proceeded to kick each others backsides once alone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.