GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hat-trick"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/07/04 at 21:08
Regular
"not dead"
Just found out this evening that I'm going to have a short story published in a monthly horror magazine.

Thirteen Magazine will be publishing One Hell of a Battenberg (a very different version to that that appears on this forum) in their December issue.

That completes my hat-trick of TV, Radio and Print.

I don't think I mentioned the Radio thing before, but one of my short stories, The Grey Ghost (again, different version, and different name to the one on this site) is to be read out on a local radio station as part of a series in which they read one ghost story a week. This is going out in the Forest of Dean area in the Autumn.

I've mentioned the TV stuff before, the sketch on shoot the writers, and well, now it's actually two sketches (though they kind of screwed up the second one). I still don't have the date it'll be screened, but I have seen them both. It'll definitely be before the end of the year.

I guess the bad point is that I'm not getting paid for any of it, but the good point is that it all goes on the writing CV, I'm building up experience, and I'm having fun.
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:39
Regular
"not dead"
To be honest, I still haven't sent out some of the stuff that's been on these forums. It's picking the right pieces for the right places.

Thirteen Magazine is quite new, and are currently accepting a lot of stuff, they don't pay, and I sent it to them for three reasons:

1: I liked what it said on their website, what their idea of horror is.
2: They respond quickly, and you can submit by mail.
3: I knew other people who had had stuff accepted, and they pointed me in the right direction.

[URL]http://www.thirteenmagazine.co.uk[/URL]

Sorry, but I shouldn't really post the latest versions on the site until after they've been published/ broadcast. I don't want to upset anyone!
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:32
Regular
"SOUP!"
Did you just bombard many publishers with many stories and finally get lucky?

Oh and is there any possibility you could tell me how to obtain (and also contact) the horror magazine? I'd like to re-work some of my stuff and send it off.

Cheers chappy.
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Top stuff.
It's great that you seem to be enjoying it as well. Huzzah.
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:18
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Congratulations, Meka.

:^)
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:12
Regular
Congrats Obi-Wan, glad to see you making progress :D
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:12
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Nice going, dude, though I'm hardly surprised, you don't need to be a genius to realise what talent you have.

Good luck with it all, you must post the changed version of "One Hell Of A Battenberg" on the forums so we can have a looksie.

EDIT: Ah, and the Grey Ghost, I just realised which one that was as I initially thought it to be an earlier piece I might have missed. Again, well done.
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:08
Regular
"not dead"
Just found out this evening that I'm going to have a short story published in a monthly horror magazine.

Thirteen Magazine will be publishing One Hell of a Battenberg (a very different version to that that appears on this forum) in their December issue.

That completes my hat-trick of TV, Radio and Print.

I don't think I mentioned the Radio thing before, but one of my short stories, The Grey Ghost (again, different version, and different name to the one on this site) is to be read out on a local radio station as part of a series in which they read one ghost story a week. This is going out in the Forest of Dean area in the Autumn.

I've mentioned the TV stuff before, the sketch on shoot the writers, and well, now it's actually two sketches (though they kind of screwed up the second one). I still don't have the date it'll be screened, but I have seen them both. It'll definitely be before the end of the year.

I guess the bad point is that I'm not getting paid for any of it, but the good point is that it all goes on the writing CV, I'm building up experience, and I'm having fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.