GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hat-trick"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/07/04 at 21:08
Regular
"not dead"
Just found out this evening that I'm going to have a short story published in a monthly horror magazine.

Thirteen Magazine will be publishing One Hell of a Battenberg (a very different version to that that appears on this forum) in their December issue.

That completes my hat-trick of TV, Radio and Print.

I don't think I mentioned the Radio thing before, but one of my short stories, The Grey Ghost (again, different version, and different name to the one on this site) is to be read out on a local radio station as part of a series in which they read one ghost story a week. This is going out in the Forest of Dean area in the Autumn.

I've mentioned the TV stuff before, the sketch on shoot the writers, and well, now it's actually two sketches (though they kind of screwed up the second one). I still don't have the date it'll be screened, but I have seen them both. It'll definitely be before the end of the year.

I guess the bad point is that I'm not getting paid for any of it, but the good point is that it all goes on the writing CV, I'm building up experience, and I'm having fun.
Thu 15/07/04 at 17:41
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
Maybe you will be a best-selling author one day.
Thu 15/07/04 at 17:39
"possibly impossible"
Well done Meka. You're another step closer to being a full time author/screenwriter/famous person
Thu 15/07/04 at 16:58
Regular
"not dead"
Thank you one and all for your kind words.

Good luck if you choose to submit anything, I imagine you have a pretty good chance, given some of the stories I've read on here.
Thu 15/07/04 at 16:19
Regular
Heh, you've become quite the accomplished author!

Keep at it, someone will give you money soon :^)
Thu 15/07/04 at 16:11
Regular
"SOUP!"
gumption, what a wonderfully underused word :-D
Thu 15/07/04 at 16:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Sweet; very many congrats Meka. Wish I had the gumption and confidence to submit my own writing like you clearly have.
Thu 15/07/04 at 15:28
Regular
"SOUP!"
Thanks Meka.

I'm pondering what to submit.
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:24
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
It seems fine for me.
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:00
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Meka Dragon wrote:

> [URL]http://www.thirteenmagazine.co.uk[/URL]

Link not working man. You're preventing me being published!
Thu 15/07/04 at 09:20
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Many congrats. At this rate we will be asking for your autograph soon :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.