GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Find me a book?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/07/04 at 00:30
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I don't like to read.

Well sometimes I do but most of the time I find it too hard to read a book and continue to read it and enjoy reading it.
No idea why.

Usually the books I read are for my uni course or autobiography's like Barry Sheene or Gerorge Best's.

But I want a change, a book to take on holiday and read on the plane or by the pool. I thought "I'll look on amazon and find something" but with so many o choose from it just became much like the looking for the needle in the haystack.

So I call on you. The intelligent SR member who has no doubt read something worth reading.

I'm not after a huge book, or anything to serious or filled with pap romance. Not really sure what I'm after to be honest. Probably just some helpful suggestions and a brief overview of the plot or story of the book.

Cheeers
Tue 13/07/04 at 00:30
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I don't like to read.

Well sometimes I do but most of the time I find it too hard to read a book and continue to read it and enjoy reading it.
No idea why.

Usually the books I read are for my uni course or autobiography's like Barry Sheene or Gerorge Best's.

But I want a change, a book to take on holiday and read on the plane or by the pool. I thought "I'll look on amazon and find something" but with so many o choose from it just became much like the looking for the needle in the haystack.

So I call on you. The intelligent SR member who has no doubt read something worth reading.

I'm not after a huge book, or anything to serious or filled with pap romance. Not really sure what I'm after to be honest. Probably just some helpful suggestions and a brief overview of the plot or story of the book.

Cheeers
Tue 13/07/04 at 00:36
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Knowing you (well, slightly), I'd imagine you'd enjoy "The Blue Nowhere" by Jeffrey Deaver.

It's really, really good.
I'd recommend it to anyone.
Tue 13/07/04 at 00:51
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
"The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown I think it was.
Tue 13/07/04 at 00:55
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Cheers Azul, had a quick look on Amazon and it seems like it could be quite readable by my standards. Also have it for a few £ so I might just have to order it just to give it a read. :-)
Tue 13/07/04 at 00:59
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I just bought a book with a few short stories in it by Jeffrey Deaver, but I've yet to have a look. Hopefully they'll be good.
Tue 13/07/04 at 02:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
'A Child Called It' by David Pelzar
Tue 13/07/04 at 09:11
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I like Nabokov, but that's not to say you will. "Despair", "Pale Fire".
Tue 13/07/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Either of Dave Gormans books; both good for a giggle. As is Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks. Or 'Join Me' by Danny Wallace.
Tue 13/07/04 at 10:30
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Not huge, not serious and no romance? Have you tried any Terry Pratchet? Personal favourites are anything with the Death character (e.g. Reaper Man) or the Guards.

Lots of cheap used ones on amazon for you to try if you've not tried him before.
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:17
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Thanks for the suggestions.

Will have a look at them on amazon to try get a bit more info about what they are about.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.