GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counting Crows and Matchbox 20 fans in here!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 21:55
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Has anyone else heard of Five For Fighting? I came across them randomly on a downloading session one day and think they're amazing. Everyone I've made listen to them agree with me but I've never found anyone else who has actually heard of them before.

Actually, seeing as it's a one-guy band, I guess I should be saying him instead of them! Anyway, I'd be interested to see what people think of them. If you wanted try some stuff, I recommend "2 Frogs" and "Superman" as good ones to start with, but basically anything from America Town or Message From Albert kicks ass!!!

GL
Wed 14/07/04 at 02:31
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Gemma Hayes' album is amazing. Surprised she hasn't had more exposure from it. Or maybe me wanting her to be exposed is just wishful thinking...
Wed 14/07/04 at 20:51
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Gemma is fantastic. Absolutely no word on a new album at the mo.
Wed 14/07/04 at 23:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
Saw Josh Ritter at Hammersmith...really good, need to get some of his stuff.
Thu 15/07/04 at 13:06
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I wasn't that impressed with Josh Ritter when I saw him support the Crows. What do you reckon is his best stuff, maybe I can be proved wrong ;-p

Oh yeah, and some more bands I thought of (can't believe I forgot them actually!)

Tonic
Vertical Horizon
Third Eye Blind
3 Doors Down
Turin Brakes
Eels
Stroke 9

GL
Thu 15/07/04 at 14:38
Regular
Are you just naming all "that sort" of band? Can't really define "that sort"...Guitars are involved, obviously. Pop-indie, possibly? Soft indie? I dunno. Someone invent a genre name.

But Maroon 5 and 3 Doors Down are not "that sort" of band. I like 3 Doors Down though. I do NOT like Maroon 5, they are a Busted/McFly type. :)

Joss Ritter - Roll On or Harrisburg are his best 2 tracks, both of which he did at the Manchester Apollo when I saw the Crows.
Thu 15/07/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
their like techno band
Fri 16/07/04 at 10:51
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Does anyone else have the 1995 demos the Crows recorded? The techno stuff?
Fri 16/07/04 at 11:02
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Stryke wrote:
> Are you just naming all "that sort" of band? Can't really
> define "that sort"...Guitars are involved, obviously.
> Pop-indie, possibly? Soft indie? I dunno. Someone invent a genre
> name.

(Points at AliBoy) He started it!!!! ;-)

Yeah, I guess it's just a way for people to say, "if you like this band, then try this one". Makes it all a bit easier?

A genre name? How about "Dave"? Seems as good as any ;-p

>
> But Maroon 5 and 3 Doors Down are not "that sort" of band.
> I like 3 Doors Down though. I do NOT like Maroon 5, they are a
> Busted/McFly type. :)

I don't think Maroon 5 are as bad as Busted/McFly. I like the first song off the album, Harder to Breathe?, but the rest is a bit samey....

>
> Joss Ritter - Roll On or Harrisburg are his best 2 tracks, both of
> which he did at the Manchester Apollo when I saw the Crows.

I'll have a looksy!

GL
Fri 16/07/04 at 12:34
Regular
Alright then, Dave it is. A powerful new force in music.

Maroon 5 are very much as bad as Busted. The next time I hear "This Love" I might punch the nearest ugly person in the face.
Fri 16/07/04 at 13:08
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ah, finally I can name the type of music I like. Instead of coming out with "soft rock" (sounds poncey) or "acoustic stuff" (far too vague) to people I implore to listen to Dave music. :-)

GL, you have made my life easier :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.