GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counting Crows and Matchbox 20 fans in here!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 21:55
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Has anyone else heard of Five For Fighting? I came across them randomly on a downloading session one day and think they're amazing. Everyone I've made listen to them agree with me but I've never found anyone else who has actually heard of them before.

Actually, seeing as it's a one-guy band, I guess I should be saying him instead of them! Anyway, I'd be interested to see what people think of them. If you wanted try some stuff, I recommend "2 Frogs" and "Superman" as good ones to start with, but basically anything from America Town or Message From Albert kicks ass!!!

GL
Mon 12/07/04 at 21:55
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Has anyone else heard of Five For Fighting? I came across them randomly on a downloading session one day and think they're amazing. Everyone I've made listen to them agree with me but I've never found anyone else who has actually heard of them before.

Actually, seeing as it's a one-guy band, I guess I should be saying him instead of them! Anyway, I'd be interested to see what people think of them. If you wanted try some stuff, I recommend "2 Frogs" and "Superman" as good ones to start with, but basically anything from America Town or Message From Albert kicks ass!!!

GL
Mon 12/07/04 at 22:39
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well I'm a massive CC fan...I take it it's kinda similar?
Mon 12/07/04 at 23:09
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Yeah! They are kinda similar, but still very different. I put the Crows and M20 on there to get people's attention, if I just put FFF on the subject then people might skip over it who might otherwise like them!

GL
Tue 13/07/04 at 00:08
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Im a big CC fan and have been a fan of the other two for a while now.

Best five for fighting song is Easy Tonight.

Might it be worthwhile using this thread to recommend other bands that fans of these bands might like to check out?
Tue 13/07/04 at 16:09
Regular
"You've upset me"
Yeah, I came across him randomly on a d/l session too :-)

Like the music a lot, Easy Tonight and Superman being my fav's. [URL]http://www.fiveforfighting.com[/URL] for a sample of some music from his latest album.
Tue 13/07/04 at 16:18
Regular
That Counting Crows song from the beginning of Shrek 2, "Accidentally in Love", isn't that bad. I quite liked it.

Course, it's no Omaha.
Tue 13/07/04 at 17:01
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Ok time to recommend some more bands/artists you lot might like to listen too.

Semisonic
Damien Rice
Tom McRae
Ryan Adams
Maroon 5
Goo Goo Dolls
Dashboard Confessional
Ben Folds
Bel Folds Five
Snow Patrol
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Kid Lightning (Rasta told me about him...quite good)
Ron Hester (Again Rasta recommended him)
The Calling
Tabithas Secret (Early MB20)
Travis
Lifehouse
Gemma Hayes
Howie Day
Creedence Clearwater revival
Jason Mraz
Joseph Arthur
Josh Ritter
Matt Nathanson
New Radicals
Pete Yorn
The Cure

Think thats all for now off the top of my head. :-)
Tue 13/07/04 at 17:32
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Yeah, got most of them! Will be checking out these ones though!

> Kid Lightning (Rasta told me about him...quite good)
> Ron Hester (Again Rasta recommended him)
> Howie Day
> Jason Mraz
> Joseph Arthur
> Matt Nathanson

And I assume that you heard of Gemma Hayes at the CCs gig? I got her album after that too!!

I'll add to the list:

Live
Pearl Jam
Hootie and the Blowfish
Gomez
Nine Days

GL
Tue 13/07/04 at 18:21
Regular
AliBoy wrote:
> > Josh Ritter

--

Supported CCs on the last tour, which we both saw, I presume. The album "Songs for the Radio" is superb relaxing music. Haven't heard the new album yet.

Maroon 5? You girl :) Go listen to Busted and McFly.
Tue 13/07/04 at 20:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
[URL]http://www.kid-lightning.com[/URL] - I should imagine tracking down anyone KL stuff would be hard, as his albums only been released in Spain so far. Being released here in August...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.