GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Counting Crows and Matchbox 20 fans in here!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 21:55
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Has anyone else heard of Five For Fighting? I came across them randomly on a downloading session one day and think they're amazing. Everyone I've made listen to them agree with me but I've never found anyone else who has actually heard of them before.

Actually, seeing as it's a one-guy band, I guess I should be saying him instead of them! Anyway, I'd be interested to see what people think of them. If you wanted try some stuff, I recommend "2 Frogs" and "Superman" as good ones to start with, but basically anything from America Town or Message From Albert kicks ass!!!

GL
Sun 18/07/04 at 20:02
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I got the KL album and the ron hester one and I like them both, easy on the ear kind of music. Damien Rice is still my fav though...
Sun 18/07/04 at 16:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
For Kid Lightning I reccomend Goodbye December or Barely Out Of Tuesday (yes, it's a Crows cover). Out of the four I've heard they're the best. Still waiting for the album...

Ron Hester my fav has to be In The Sun. [URL]http://www.ronhester.com[/URL], you'll find it in the music section.

Ali, if you like KL, you might wanna check out the band he's in, Gigolo Aunts. I think they've drifted apart, not sure, they're eclectic usually quite rocky though. Lots of head-throwing-back geetar solo's.
Sun 18/07/04 at 14:35
Regular
"I love Dave music"
The GingerLord wrote:
> Yeah, got most of them! Will be checking out these ones though!
>
> Kid Lightning (Rasta told me about him...quite good)
> Ron Hester (Again Rasta recommended him)
> Howie Day
> Jason Mraz
> Joseph Arthur
> Matt Nathanson

Jason Mraz is good! Curbside prophet is my fav so far.... Matt Nathanson is sounding pretty cool too. Haven't got much of the others yet....any suggestions for best songs?

GL
Sun 18/07/04 at 00:23
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I don't mind Maroon5, I'll admit some of the stuff does sound a little too pop-ish like that of Busted.
They are not too bad live though, do some decent cover versions and a few of the songs are a bit more my taste.

Dave is a good name to describe the genre.
Sat 17/07/04 at 15:56
Regular
Fans of Dave unite. Perhaps there could be a festival for it. Like Glastonbury but without Moloko popping up on the World Stage.
Fri 16/07/04 at 23:32
Regular
"I love Dave music"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Ah, finally I can name the type of music I like. Instead of coming out
> with "soft rock" (sounds poncey) or "acoustic
> stuff" (far too vague) to people I implore to listen to Dave
> music. :-)
>
> GL, you have made my life easier :-D

Glad I could help! Plus, if you ever meet me in real life, you'll know it's me, cos I answer most questions I don't know the answer to with "Dave"......or 97 (it's a long story) ;-)

GL
Fri 16/07/04 at 13:08
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ah, finally I can name the type of music I like. Instead of coming out with "soft rock" (sounds poncey) or "acoustic stuff" (far too vague) to people I implore to listen to Dave music. :-)

GL, you have made my life easier :-D
Fri 16/07/04 at 12:34
Regular
Alright then, Dave it is. A powerful new force in music.

Maroon 5 are very much as bad as Busted. The next time I hear "This Love" I might punch the nearest ugly person in the face.
Fri 16/07/04 at 11:02
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Stryke wrote:
> Are you just naming all "that sort" of band? Can't really
> define "that sort"...Guitars are involved, obviously.
> Pop-indie, possibly? Soft indie? I dunno. Someone invent a genre
> name.

(Points at AliBoy) He started it!!!! ;-)

Yeah, I guess it's just a way for people to say, "if you like this band, then try this one". Makes it all a bit easier?

A genre name? How about "Dave"? Seems as good as any ;-p

>
> But Maroon 5 and 3 Doors Down are not "that sort" of band.
> I like 3 Doors Down though. I do NOT like Maroon 5, they are a
> Busted/McFly type. :)

I don't think Maroon 5 are as bad as Busted/McFly. I like the first song off the album, Harder to Breathe?, but the rest is a bit samey....

>
> Joss Ritter - Roll On or Harrisburg are his best 2 tracks, both of
> which he did at the Manchester Apollo when I saw the Crows.

I'll have a looksy!

GL
Fri 16/07/04 at 10:51
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Does anyone else have the 1995 demos the Crows recorded? The techno stuff?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.