GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem with KOTOR 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords '.
Sat 12/02/05 at 14:45
Regular
"who wrote that?"
I have been playing it for some time now, i do like the game but maybe it is just my computer but it will reset itself at random. It is not at certain parts of the game or battles or battle scenes, it is obviously annoying have to load from the closest save and keep doing bit of it again.

My specs are
Asus A mobo
P4 3.2
1Gb Ram
9800 pro

which is easily powerful enough for best graphics. any ideas or anyone else has this problem
Sat 19/02/05 at 10:06
Regular
"Team Laser Explosio"
Yea it is definately a problem with your computer. My KOTOR 2 works without a glitch.
Sat 19/02/05 at 09:14
Regular
"who wrote that?"
Well i think it was released some time ago in america and they have still not created a patch. Have been on the support forum and everyone is just asking about that patch. Did email and they replyed after 4 days that they are looking into this fault as it is a well known fault.
Wed 16/02/05 at 22:11
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Wait for the patch :-)

I had horrendous problems that required patching to get the original game to work on a Radeon 9600...

Check out their website forums for info.
Sun 13/02/05 at 14:15
Regular
"who wrote that?"
thats the temp when running it, but i dont think it is a problem with my pc though.
Sun 13/02/05 at 11:05
Regular
"\\"
Is the CPU running at that during the game?
Sat 12/02/05 at 15:00
Regular
"who wrote that?"
550w decent PSU
cpu running at 55oC(prescott)
case running at 26oC

my pc doesn't reset any other time, have looked at lucas-art website and there is nothing there.
Sat 12/02/05 at 14:52
Regular
"\\"
Hmm. Well your computer seems up to the job (Or atleast I'd guess with those specs... Not sure what KOTOR requires exactly but I'd guess you'd surpass it).

What's your PSU?
And what temperatures everything running at?
Sat 12/02/05 at 14:45
Regular
"who wrote that?"
I have been playing it for some time now, i do like the game but maybe it is just my computer but it will reset itself at random. It is not at certain parts of the game or battles or battle scenes, it is obviously annoying have to load from the closest save and keep doing bit of it again.

My specs are
Asus A mobo
P4 3.2
1Gb Ram
9800 pro

which is easily powerful enough for best graphics. any ideas or anyone else has this problem

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.