GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Farenheit 911."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 08:56
Regular
Saw this last night.

Go and watch it. If you can find a cinema near you that's showing it, that is.
Mon 12/07/04 at 18:23
Regular
You can't trust a political radio show, but you can trust a political documentary?
Mon 12/07/04 at 19:44
Regular
"Insert Gently"
prefer Bowling For Columbine
Mon 12/07/04 at 23:04
Regular
I did hear that it was alright, but merely crude propaganda to wow the uninformed. Also that it's an awful piece of film making. Wasn't expecting a whole lot else really.

Still, I want to seek out and watch Bowling for Columbine.
Tue 13/07/04 at 10:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Goatboy wrote:
> monkey_man wrote:
> I'll probably check this out eventually. It'll have explosions.
> ----
>
> ???????????
> I wouldn't expect something quite so tasteless from an intelligent
> person?

Well, it was meant to be a joke, albeit quite a poor one.

I do think that Moore uses clips that are in the publice domain - but don't normally get seen because of their graphic nature - to wow people into thinking he has done some extraordinary pieces of research and daring. He's not a talented documentary-maker, and he's definitely not a film-maker. I just think he got lucky in a time when celebrity status can so easily be achieved, which kept him on the platform he needed, and the morale of the country is low enough to celebrate a book of anti-American institute feelings. He's not the first American to put together this sort of work, just got the right time and audience.
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:04
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
monkey_man wrote:
He's not a talented documentary-maker, and he's definitely not a film-maker.

I'm not a talented documentary-maker or film-makers, but I never won the Palme D'or and an Oscar. Surely the idea of a documentary in the first place is to get people talking and discussing the important matters at hand? In which case, Moore succeeds with flying colours. He can be a little clumsy at times, and I've no doubt that there are a few facts that have been 'leaned' on but his intentions are righteous and should be applauded.

It's sad that a fat dude wearing a baseball cap is doing more to get Bush out of the White House than the opposing presedential candidate.
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:13
"slightlyshortertagl"
Anialater wrote:
> You should see it, it should be called Falseinheight 911! Almost none
> of the material is true, he just took clips from the news, altered
> them a bit then put them togethor, he had some parts that were acted
> out, but 90% of it isn't true.

This is one of the most entertaining posts ever.
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:55
Regular
You get to see interview clips and news clips that you would never normally see.

"Saddam is evil. He has WMD. He tortures his people. And he tried to kill my dad."

'nuff said.
Tue 13/07/04 at 12:09
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
>
> It's sad that a fat dude wearing a baseball cap is doing more to get
> Bush out of the White House than the opposing presedential candidate.

--

Ah, give Kerry and Edwards a chance. Kerry can say how he took approximately 10 tons of bullets in 'Nam, and Edwards can just say repeat 'my son is dead' whenever anyone asks him about real politics.

Still, more chance than Wesley Clark would've had.
Tue 13/07/04 at 12:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bring Clinton back :-D

Don't know whether i'm going to see it, from what i heard from my leftie mates who went to see it it's just more 'I hate Bush' material. Highlights including focusing on Bush after he hears of the twin towers falling then just sits there for ages and more of how the war in Iraq is false and unjust.

So that's Bush is a rubbish leader and the Iraq war was waged under false pretences ....... wow thanks Moore maybe you can hop into a time machine and go back a year or so when this might have actually been something new to learn.

Even my friends who hate Bush with a passion said they found it tedious and boring and has put me off going to see it. If i'm totally bored out my mind one day i'll go and see it though. Until then come on Battle Royale 2
Tue 13/07/04 at 20:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
There's a feeling going around that this is just retreading old ground and people are saying 'it's not telling me anything I didn't already know'. Well hey there Mr. Presumptious, isn't it possible that a large percentage of people who'll be lining up to go see this movie aren't as clued in to politics and world affairs as you?

I mean, I know the war in Iraq was based on false information and have a basic knowledge of events, but I'll still come out enlightened. And you can bet that there'll be people going to see this who only know what they've read in The Sun and are about to get a rude awakening.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.